Chapter 16

I hope you guys love since I you know, updated.... And um feels much for the pic I put on top? Like OMG when I was editing it I was like dying at how cute they are. Not even kidding but you know. So I was trying to fit in like alot more stuff in this chapter but it got kinda super long haha so once again it's kinda spread out again. Oops my apologies. Well I guess I should wish you guys happy reading! I'll see you when you get done!

The frightful shriek was unmistakably a child's, and it escalated in volume before it suddenly cut off completely.

From what she could hear, it wasn't that of pain or anguish, but an unmistakable scream of pure terror. It sent chills up Lucy's spine, and her heart stopped as the noise mysteriously cut off.

She suddenly turned and sprinted back into Rilian's room. When the doors she entered slammed open, she quickly scanned the bed hoping the two year old would still be in it sleeping peacefully. Instead, there was ruffled pillows and blankets spewed about and an indentation indicating there used to be a little body in it but a moment before. She scanned the room quickly and when she saw movement right in front of her, out on the terrace, she spotted two dark silhouettes carrying a small limp form -whom she assumed to be Rilian- on the terrace and heading towards the edge, where beyond the rail was a five story drop before it met the rocky cliffs that adjoined the Great Eastern Ocean to land.

She knew she could easily take the two men easily, and she knew that if she acted quickly enough, she could her bow and arrows from her room, which was right down the large hall, and walk on the rocky path next to the castle to get to them where she knew the assumed rope ended, and if she acted quickly enough, she could reach them before they got to the bottom.

By the time they turned their heads towards her, she was already gone, leaving only an empty doorway.

"Hurry!" One of the men hissed. "The wench is going to get the king!"

By that time the bigger man had the unconscious toddler in the tuck of his arm, and was quickly traveling down the thick strong rope.
They made it down unnaturally fast, knowing if they were caught, they would surely be executed. They made it to somewhat gentler ground and leapt on their horses by the time Lucy emerged from a wooden door near the cliffs.
She had of course only her necessities with her: Her Narnian bow, with a pack of sharp arrows, a traditional Narnian sword, which was sheathed at her side, her famous dagger, and of course her fire-flower healing cordial.
While the two men had been traveling down the painful rope, she had sprinted straight to her room, lifted up the great chest in her room, and grabbed every weapon that was within.
She made good time and sprinted through servant hallways and chambers and emerged to the hidden door right next to the cliff, expecting them to be there, but they had made been even faster.

As their horses sprinted right past her, she had no trouble pulling an arrow from the quiver that hung behind her, and quickly set the arrow, pulled it back, concentrated on the target that was holding Rilian, and released.

She heard the whistle as it flew and found the target, making an unmistakable thump on the big man's back. Lucy expected him to fall off the horse, as most do, but he somehow didn't. He was much stronger and more determined than she thought.

The horses kept running farther and farther away from her, making more distance between them, and Lucy knew arrows weren't going to stop them. They continued heading west as she ran around the north side of the castle, watching exactly where the two men were going to enter the surrounding forest so she could track them once she got a horse.
They entered the forest and were long gone before she made it into the big castle courtyard, and when she actually made it to the grand stables, she was exhausted from the distance she had run.