Chapter 9

Part 1

Since Lucy had arrived in Harfang, the Capitol of the Wild Lands of the north, they hadn't wasted anytime in torturing her.

Immediately after arriving, they put her in a dark dungeon cell, and Vellum, General Vartan's son, did all of the dirty work while Vartan "supervised".

The first day, involved no combat, just Vellum slapping her face. They must have thought she would simply tell them anything and everything just by throwing a few slaps, but they couldn't have been more wrong.

They didn't ask questions, Vartan just had Vellum continuously slap her face until his son grew too exhausted to continue. Which didn't happen often.

Lucy miraculously remained quiet the whole time, accepting the searing slaps to her delicate cheeks, and though the sting was unbearable at the beginning, her face was swelling at such a fast pace that it had already started numbing her skin, making it more bearable, but painful still.

While keeping quiet, she stayed observant, and she did notice that Vartan and Vellum were the only ones in the cell with her, which only meant one thing.

This was a personal matter.

It had to do with only Vartan and Vellum, not Harfang and not the Wild Lands. But why did they need her? What did they want? What was their plan?

On the tenth day, Lucy's eyes swelled shut, from the drastic combat on her face. She was sure if anyone saw her, they wouldn't recognize her, but probably scream in terror seeing the bruising, the blood and the large swelling that was now her face. They hadn't given her time to heal, but for two weeks straight, three hours a day, did nothing but slap her face until she was sure she would die from the pain.

They fed her once a day, one slice of stale bread and one cup of water, but for that she was grateful.

After two weeks had gone by, and after General Vartan was happy enough with the injuries on Lucy's face, he asked her one question.

"Are you ready to talk?"

"You will regret this." She said weakly, not convincing him at all, with her voice being so raw and scratchy from using her vocal chords for the first time in over two weeks.

"Ha! Your saying I'm going to regret this?" He laughed, strode up to her and thrust his fist hard towards her nose, satisfied when he heard the clean crunch, and smiled wickedly when he heard her moan.

"When are you going to realize girl, you are the one who better start regretting crossing paths with me." He said smugly, and walked toward the entryway.

"Vellum, start preparing the belt." Was all the General said before he left the dungeon.

"Did you hear that? It's time for the belt, and that means you are going to wish you were dead." Vellum said as he stood up and turned away from Lucy, but quickly spun around and slapped her face so hard, Lucy almost screamed.

"Enjoy today princess, because tomorrow is the day you'd want to die a million times over." Vellum mocked, and spit on her face.

After he left, Lucy sat alone chained in a dungeon. She was handcuffed on her wrists and ankles so it allowed her the liberty to do what needed to be done.

She crossed her eyes looking at her broken nose, which looked as if it was totally bent in a different direction.

She remembered when she was nine years old and Susan had just turned fifteen when Peter accidentally broke Susan's nose when all four of them were playing cricket at a family party.

"Oh Peter don't cry, boys get beat by girls all of the time now." Susan said smugly as she stood by the arch that Peter was aiming for with her arms crossed and grinning brilliantly making Peter, who was only seventeen at the time, very annoyed.

"Oh stop it Susan, I'm still going to beat you, just watch." He said as he leaned over concentrating.

"Your not being careful with my game cousin, And I told you to be careful." Eustace added smartly even though he was only nine years old at that particular time, making Peter's dignity crack. He hit the ball as hard as he could and watched in amazement as it flew towards Susan's delicate face.

It took Susan by complete surprise, and the adults too when they heard shrieks and screams at the bottom of the hill.

Susan of course was screaming and crying while mum and our aunts took care of her while Peter and Edmund were laughing hysterically, and with Eustace causing a scene by probably crying as hard as Susan.

Mum and aunt Alberta were pretty scared and I remember them trying to get her to a hospital when uncle Harold came up and grabbed Susan's nose hard, and re broke it snapping it back into place. Everything was fine after that except Eustace wouldn't stop crying.

Stop it, we've got to get out of here.

Shaking her head of the memories by trying not to think of her family, she reached up with her chained hands and tried to feel where the break was,

"There it is, come on Lucy you can do this."

She whispered trying to comfort herself, and snapped it back towards the middle of her face, screaming in pain as it went back into place with a loud crack.

She sighed, happy the pain in her nose was almost gone, but wished with her whole being the pain in her face would stop.

But she knew this was only the beginning.

A/N

There is going to be 3 parts of Lucy's torture so this is only the beginning. And don't worry, when or if she escapes, the book won't stop there, i mean what kind of Narnia book would it be if there was no battle at the end? (Hint hint)

God Bless!

-Glo