Chapter 14

Just wanted to say really quick how thankful I am for all of you guys! Like it's mind blowing how much time you've spent on me (or my work I should say) instead of the millions of books and users. Like that makes me feel soooo special and all of the voters and LOVELY commenters, thank you so so much. I get so giddy when you guys say you want more, like I feel like I could fly over the moon-
Okay sorry don't want to keep you all waiting love you guys!

Lucy smiled up at him before she slipped her small hand through the crook of his arm and gently held onto his muscular bicep, before they started to walk back to camp.
They were in high spirits as they slowly walked back from the stream, until they reached camp. Drinian, looking very serious and grim, stood in the middle of camp on horseback and the very centaurs that were sent out to distract Vartan, were waiting in heavy armor just behind the general awaiting for the King's orders.

"We have come with important news your majesty." Drinian said grimly.
"Then let me hear of it." Caspian said seriously, the mischief far gone from his dark depths. He nodded looking at Drinian, signaling for him to come forward and talk to him privately in his tent.
He then turned to Lucy, expecting something familiar to a pout, but was quite surprised when she gave him an encouraging nod and slowly backed away and stood beside his older general, Thatch.

Caspian gave her a small nod, and quickly turned around to walk right beside Drinian as they traveled inside his tent, which lay in the center of camp, And discussed the events that had just occurred.

The twenty other Narnians continued on with their day while Lucy and Thatch stood quietly where Caspian had left them thirty minutes ago.
"Do you not feel left out at all?" She asked the kind general.

"Oh they will inform me m'lady, they always do when the time is right,
however, I do not feel too anxious for it isn't often when I get to stand beside a beautiful woman." He said with wink.

Lucy laughed, shaking her head. "You sure know how to compliment a lady. Do you have a family General?" She asked curiously.

He scoffed before replying. "I tire of formalities m'lady, I am old and would be grateful if you but called me Thatch." The middle aged man said respectively. "Oh and yes your highness, I have a family that makes me very proud." His face began to glow when he spoke of his wife and children.

"They sound lovely, I cannot wait to meet them, and please, call me Lucy." She said with a genuine smile.

"Very well." He said with but only a hint of a smile.

After the conversation ended Lucy exhaled loudly.
"Now, what do think they are speaking of?" Lucy asked almost desperately to the handsome fifty year old.

"I'd say it can't be good from the way Drinian looked when he rode in." Thatch answered quietly. "I think once they come out, preparations to leave will begin at once."

"But where are my elder brothers do you think?" She whispered into Thatch's ear.

He replied with a barely audible scoff.

"Those are questions you must only ask the King." He said seriously and glanced back looking to the tent, but it wasn't the answer Lucy wanted to hear, though part of her didn't want to know.

Once Drinian informed Caspian that Vartan was preparing an extensive army, he knew they needed to get back to the Cair as quick as they were able.

"And what of Peter and Trumpkin?" Caspian whispered at last hoping they had not fallen on his behalf.

"We did not know they were imprisoned Sire, for we lost both minotaurs and if we hadn't moved as quickly as we had, we would have all been dead by sundown." Drinian answered honestly. "They outnumbered us ten to one."