Chapter Twenty; The Mercenary And Spider Fight

*Wade's POV*

  Wade had known he liked that Spider-Dude for a reason! He had that feeling in his stomach that just told him he was was good person. Not that Wade ran into many people like that— but that wasn't the point! The point was that he was right about him being a great hero.

  Unfortunately, it seemed he was worried he would kill him. He wondered where he would have gotten a thought like that from.

  Anyway— he was super excited to talk to the arachnid again! Though he was conflicted. The dude looked a little young— not just like young, like he actually looked young and Wade could admit that he had a bad history of being a bit inappropriate at times.

  And sure— his morals definitely weren't pointed in the right direction, they were pretty much doing a one-eighty of what they should be doing, but he knew there were certain lines that shouldn't be crossed. And kids were off limits.

  So, Spider-Whatever-His-Name-Is could possibly fall in the kid category and that didn't settle well with Wade. It's not like he was gonna go and get all protective of the kid or anything— but suddenly he felt like finding and killing all the criminals that had laid their hands on the spider.

  Holy shit— this was pathetic. If he was so worried about the damn kid he should go out looking for him tonight. He seemed to do nightly patrols anyway so it wouldn't be hard to find him, right?

  But something told Wade that this kid probably wouldn't be too happy if he followed him around. And he didn't want to give the kid any reason to hide from him— honestly, he had just wanted to meet him and say hello. That was normal. Well, if he wasn't a known mercenary it might have been normal. Oh— that might be why he ran away!

  "Fuck— sorry, readers!" Wade mumbled to himself as he balanced on the side of a bridge. The dark, churning waters dangerously clashed against the concrete support beams below him while the cool air rushed around him in angry whistles. Damn, he could be a writer with that description! "But honestly, I got really off track. I'm supposed to be finding little Spidey, right? That's why y'all are reading this." He smacked himself, giggling a bit as he glanced around. "I guess I'll look around for the little shithead."

  He sighed, irritated at himself for finding a stupid kid that he might be slightly concerned about. But it was only because he had rules and one of his rules was no hurting kids! That's the only reason! It's not like he cared or anything!

*Peter's POV*

Okay, okay— shit. This Deadpool person was really not someone he should be messing with. He had known that once he learned the man's name, but still. The stuff he did to those he killed was boardering immoral, even crossing that line at times.

And yeah, he hadn't seemed to want to hurt Peter, but that didn't make him any less afraid of the mercenary. The man had a long list of victims and none of them had ever really stood a chance.

Putting aside his fears, it seemed that Deadpool had been interested in meeting him again and he had no idea how to feel about that.

  Today was Monday, he had come back from patrol yesterday and slept until a few hours before his alarm went off. He had stayed up and finished any homework he had left to do before heading off to an uneventful school day.

  It was around six in the evening by now and all he had been doing was some intense research on Deadpool, but May was going out to work soon which means it would be his time to go out patrolling.

Peter wrote down a few more notes in the notebook he had, now dedicated to information he collects on people he meets in his hero life. It had things for each Avenger and some other heroes and even some villains, including Deadpool as the newest entry.