Chapter Twenty-Six; Rooftop Talk

*Peter's POV*

  It felt like a long time before Peter calmed down. By the time his ears stopped ringing, the colors stopped burning his eyes, and his irritated skin calmed down, the afternoon sun had long-since sunk. The moonlight washed over the overcrowded and bustling city while Peter slowly sat up. Apparently, he had passed out on the dusty rooftop.

  His limbs were sore and aching, further reminding him of the bruises that littered his body. But his thoughts came to a screeching halt as he noticed the sunglasses that sat overtop his mask and the headphones that were covering his masked ears. Where did he get these from?

  Peter slowly stood up and stretched carefully, trying not to strain his body while he glanced around the roof. There was nothing around to indicate that anyone had been there in quite some time. He sighed and took the headphones and sunglasses off, racking his brain for any memories of what happened before he passed out.

  Faintly, he could remember hushed, concerned words that had startled him during his sensory overload, but everything else was just a haze of bright colors and loud noises.

Peter held the headphones and glasses firmly and jumped from the building that he was on to the next one, choosing to continue this method of transport instead of swinging because of the two items that were occupying his one hand.

  Thankfully, it was a Saturday night, so there wasn't any rush. He had a little homework to finish up, but it was hardly anything to stress over, so he took his time and gave his exhausted body a well-deserved rest.

  Despite the absolutely shit day that he had experienced, Peter had one thing to look forward to. Monday was his first day of his new internship. The internship that Tony Stark had given him. That was exciting enough to lighten his mood. Though, he was also completely unprepared.

  He was an anxious mess and he had nothing prepared for Monday. What was he supposed to bring? And what clothes do interns wear? There were a lot of things that he just wasn't sure of, but he could handle his anxiety. This internship was worth it.

Peter eventually reached the apartment, anxious thoughts mingling with excitement, and he carefully climbed in through his window. He hid his suit in his closet (thankfully remembering unlike usual), setting the headphones and sunglasses on his desk, before he wandered into the bathroom.

He took a cold shower, which was miserable, and he was soon drying off and pulling on a loose t-shirt and baggy sweatpants. They were old clothes from a thrift store, the shirt was a few sizes too big and the pants were too long, but they were fairly comfortable.

Peter sat down at his desk and pulled out his homework. He began working on his assignments, thankful that he finished most of them at school. For the most part, it was easy enough, and he finished swiftly.

Once he was done, he sat back and stared at his desk, contemplating whether or not he should go to sleep. He stood up, ready to collapse onto his bed, when the sunglasses and headphones caught his attention.

Peter sat down on his bed slowly and carefully grabbed the two items, flipping them over in his hands with calculating eyes. Both of them had small letters carved on them. BW & HE. He read it over again and again, they were clearly not part of the original designs, but what did the letters stand for?

He placed the two items back onto his desk and laid down on his bed with a sigh, pulling his blanket up to his chin. It was so nice to lay on his bed, even if it was stiff and his sheets were scratchy.

Peter closed his eyes and rolled over, shifting until he was comfortable. He could finally sleep and put this shitty day behind him.

Just as he was drifting asleep, two names flashed in his mind. Black Widow and Hawkeye.