Chapter of Peace ???

Months and Months passed, everything went perfectly fine. They were recieving money from their newspaper company and worked hard, their relationship was kept a secret (which is a good thing) and no drama was going around between anything or anyone. So one day when joe and nicholas were just chilling around in the garden having a picnic, Joe stood up and asked nicholas to stand up.
"Why are you asking me to stand up?" Nicholas asked. "Thats not the main thing just do it" Joe replied. And so Nicholas stood up and joe went on one knee. (pretty predictable now isn't it)

As joe was on that one knee, in his brown jeans, he pulled out a box and asked Nicholas: "will you marry me?" Nicholas's mind just went into an illusion spiral. "Look i don't know if you're being serious but ill say what you want and that is a yes" Joe started crying and hugged Nicholas. "Thank you for all the tough times you have gotten me through" Joe told Nicholas. When Nicholas hugged joe, He felt something in that hug. It was more than just love, it was excitement and pureness and his heart felt so cleansed from all of the darkness and trauma it had got through. Thrm Joe put on the ring on Nicholas's ring finger. That was the most heart-warming moment of both of their lives.

N- "When did you get the ring?"
J- "when we were still living at chicago."
N- "so you liked me before we both had sex?"
J- "This was umm.. meant for someone else."
N- "Let me guess, Lana?"
J- "yeah, but shes in the past and you're what i need."
N- "so why did you have sex with me that same night when you did with lana?"
J- "i don't know i just felt like we needed to solve this somehow."
N- "but we were just friends at the time and you can't just have sex with someone just to solve a problem. Not to mention before you unbuttoned your jeans, i didn't confess yet."
N- "Joe Alwyn, tell me you didn't have sex with me the same night you had sex with lana to pretend im her."

And so joe just froze there not knowing what to say or do whilst repeating the scenarios in his head that he had when he was sleeping in lanas bed with lana.
Nicholas didn't have anything to say either. Just pure speechlessness. "I guess im either a version 2 of someone or the second choice all the time." Nicholas walked away crying, going back inside the house. Joe ran and followed him trying to comfort him but Nicholas was hard to get.

 Joe ran and followed him trying to comfort him but Nicholas was hard to get