Chapter 1

VENTI'S POV
Venti entered the schools building waving goodbye to his parents. There wasn't many students outside of classes which he expected. He entered his classroom to see everyone staring at him. "Attention everyone! Please quiet down" "Ahem, I would like you all to meet you're new classmate Venti" "Hello it's very nice to meet you all I hope we can all be good friends" Venti smiled at this class. "You can go ahead and take a seat next to Xiao, Xiao, please would you raise your hand?"
"Wait Miss, wouldn't it be better if Venti sat next to someone that wouldn't you know scare him?" "Nonsense there is nothing scary about Xiao" Xiao lowered his hand and sighed as he watched Venti walk over to him and sit down.
XIAO'S POV
"Hi! I'm Venti" "Your parents named you after a drink size?" "I don't have the smartest parents" The professors continued to teach the lesson until it was time for them to leave. After she dismissed them Xiao made sure no one saw him after he left but of course someone did. "Hey Xiao!" Xiao looked back to see a blonde running towards him. "Aether? What do you want?" "So as you know I'll be leaving this school soon so-" "I'm not 'making friends' with any of these weirdos" Aether sighed "What about the new kid?" "Venti?" "See look you already know his name" "That's because he's in my class, and he's very annoying" "But I only said a few things" Xiao jumped at the sudden sound. "Where the hell did you come from?" "I was following behind you the whole time" "Ok why?" "That girl told me to, she said ahem 'Hey new kid over here. You see that boy over there? Xiao, go follow him he'll take you to your next class and he's super nice'"  Xiao groaned "I most certainly will not take you to your next class nor will I be nice you or anyone else here at that matter" "Could you at least show me where to find the dorms I know which room it is I just don't know how to find it" Xiao sighed "Whatever will get you to leave me alone, so what's your room number?" Venti took out his notepad and flipped through the pages. "Uh 350" Xiao groaned again. "What's wrong Xiao?" "You're right across from me" "Oh cool I can stop by and say hi to you and your roommate!" "I don't have a roommate and no, no you won't" Xiao pushed Venti towards his door entering his own dorm. "Wait Xiao we have classes to go to!" "Leave me alone weirdo!"
Xiao looked around his messy room and decided to clean it up a bit. Then it hit him. Venti lied about not knowing where his dorm was considering it's the first thing they'll show you to put away your things. After he successfully cleaned his room and skipped the class he heard a knock on the door. "It's open unless you're that Venti kid!" "What does that even mean?" "It means you're not welcome here leave" "Why're you so mean to me?" "I'm "mean" to everyone" "So what's your favorite food?" "Almond Tofu" "Ok what about your favorite color?" "Why do you want to know?" "I wanna be your friend" "Well I don't wanna be yours" "Fine then I won't be making you any Almond Tofu" "Fine you can be my friend under one condition" "Ok what is it?" "No one else is allowed to know we're friends got it?" Venti nodded his head smiling as he left. "Oh yea don't forget to get to class"
Xiao spaced out thinking about the Almond Tofu Venti planned on making for him.
"Xiao!" Xiao jumped throwing his pillow. "What do you want?" "Did you take my advice and make some friends?" "No I did not and I won't I have a class to get to" "You? Going to class?" That's new" "Shut up" Xiao dragged Aether out of his dorm shutting the door.
"Ah Xiao you're earlier than usual, did you run out of Pain killers?" "No,I just felt like coming early" "I heard Aether and Lumine were leaving soon to go and help his mother, have you considered finding any new friends?" "Aether already told me to. And yes there's one student I'd consider an acquaintance" "And who might that be?" "That new kid Venti" "Oh, Is that so? You two are so different I didn't expect you to like being around him" "I don't but he promised me Almond Tofu to be his friend" Zhongli chuckled a bit "The things you'd do for some Almond Tofu"  Xiao headed to his seat once he saw students come in. He didn't bother paying attention since Zhongli would always help him whenever he wanted help. He found himself drifting off to sleep to soon be tapped on the shoulder. "Xiao you almost fell asleep" Xiao looked behind himself to see Aether and Venti smiling at him. Xiao sighed checking his watch with a worried face. "Xiao what's wrong?" "Nothing just come with me" "Uh okay then, wait right now?" "Yes" "But it's the middle of class" "He won't mind" Xiao left his row followed by Venti. "Xiao,Venti is something wrong?" "The time, he's gonna help me" "Ah I see I'll have Aether get your things after class" Xiao nodded his head leaving. "I'm gonna help you do you?" "I'll tell you once we get there" Venti decided to stop asking questions and just follow Xiao.
Venti looked around Xiao's dorm, it looked very different from his. "I know my dorm is dark and creepy" Venti slowly nodded his head. "Alright can you get me a glass of water?" Venti nodded his head going towards the sink and heard a two camera clicks. "Xiao?" "Yea?" "Did you take a picture of something or am I hearing things?" "Oh sorry for scaring you I have to take pictures of each pill bottle for Zhongli" "Ohh ok, here's your water" Xiao smiled taking it and mumbled "Shit he almost caught me"