Welcome home, Darling • Kamado Tanjiro

【03•06•2021】

『3 𝙣𝙚𝙬 𝙣𝙤𝙩𝙞𝙛𝙞𝙘𝙖𝙩𝙞𝙤𝙣𝙨』
┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓
   ➤ 𝙆𝙖𝙢𝙖𝙙𝙤 𝙏𝙖𝙣𝙟𝙞𝙧𝙤 × 𝙍𝙚𝙖𝙙𝙚𝙧
   ➤ 𝘼𝙣𝙜𝙨𝙩
   ➤ 𝙒𝙖𝙧𝙣𝙞𝙣𝙜: 𝙢𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙞𝙤𝙣𝙨 𝙤𝙛 𝙗𝙡𝙤𝙤𝙙
   ➤ 𝗦𝗵𝗲/𝗵𝗲𝗿 𝗿𝗲𝗮𝗱𝗲𝗿
┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

『𝙉𝙤𝙬 𝙥𝙡𝙖𝙮𝙞𝙣𝙜 ~ 𝙗𝙜𝙢』
┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓
𝙏𝙝𝙚 𝙐𝙣𝙩𝙤𝙡𝙙 • 𝙎𝙚𝙘𝙚𝙨𝙨𝙞𝙤𝙣 𝙎𝙩𝙪𝙙𝙞𝙤𝙨
00:01 ●━━━━━━─────── 1:00 ⇆ㅤㅤㅤㅤ◁ㅤㅤ❚❚ㅤㅤ▷ㅤㅤㅤㅤ↻
┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘

The two slayers huddled together in the hallway, whispering about the latest casualties that they had heard from the various sources and rumours. Tanjiro passed by the duo, listening to the news too.

"Recently more people have been going missing in Kanazawa. It has been suspected that a powerful demon is behind all of the disappearances."

"Really? That's rather concerning."

"Yeah..."

He continued to walk forward, not batting an eye at the two gossiping slayers. He wanted to return to his room as quickly as he could, but one of the slayers called him.

"Hey, Kamado-san! You and your wife live in that village right? Is she okay?" The slayer asked, concerned for his junior.

"I'm sure she's fine. She's really strong!" Tanjiro replied with his usual cheery tone. "Now if you'll excuse me, I have to return to my room."

With a quick bow, he turned around and left the two slayers. He could still hear their whispers as he turned to the next corridor.

Little did the two slayers know, Tanjiro's face was ashen. He furrowed his brows and quickened his pace to his room. Despite his sunshine demeanour, deep down he was distraught about the disappearances in Kanazawa. He knew that [Y/n] truly was a strong woman, yet, he had a grim feeling that something bad was going to happen.

The sliding door groaned against the door railings as Tanjiro slid the door to his room open. A soft thump was produced when he sat at his table, anxiously looking out of the open window.

Panic rose in him when his Kasugai crow was nowhere in sight. It's been days since his wife had written back to him. [Y/n] was not known for being late, in fact, she was known to be punctual and efficient.

Tanjiro wallowed in his anxiety, imagining all of the terrible things that could happen to [Y/n]. He couldn't go through it again, having to return to a loving home only to be met with the sickening scent of blood and rotting corpses.

The shrill call of his Kasugai crow disrupted his troubling thoughts. His heart palpitated at the sight of his crow as if it was a sign that [Y/n] was alright. He reached towards the letter that was tied to the crow's leg with a trembling hand. The red string gently came undone, allowing the sheet of paper to reveal its contents.

As the first sentence of the letter came to a stop, so did his heart.

There was a faint scent of blood. And whenever happiness is destroyed, there's always the smell of blood.