Unexpected Meetings • Agatsuma Zenitsu

【6•11•2020】

『3 𝙣𝙚𝙬 𝙣𝙤𝙩𝙞𝙛𝙞𝙘𝙖𝙩𝙞𝙤𝙣𝙨』
┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓
➤ 𝘼𝙜𝙖𝙩𝙨𝙪𝙢𝙖 𝙕𝙚𝙣𝙞𝙩𝙨𝙪 × 𝙍𝙚𝙖𝙙𝙚𝙧
➤ 𝙁𝙡𝙪𝙛𝙛, 𝙘𝙧𝙖𝙘𝙠 (? I'm not even sure wtf is this-)
➤ 𝙎𝙤𝙪𝙡𝙢𝙖𝙩𝙚 𝘼𝙐
➤ 𝗦𝗵𝗲/𝗛𝗲𝗿 𝗿𝗲𝗮𝗱𝗲𝗿
┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

『𝙉𝙤𝙬 𝙥𝙡𝙖𝙮𝙞𝙣𝙜  ~  𝙗𝙜𝙢』
┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓
   𝙪𝙬𝙪 (𝙥𝙞𝙖𝙣𝙤 𝙘𝙤𝙫𝙚𝙧) • 𝙩𝙚𝙩𝙧𝙖
   00:01 ●━━━━━━─────── 1:00 ⇆ㅤㅤㅤㅤ◁ㅤㅤ❚❚ㅤㅤ▷ㅤㅤㅤㅤ↻
┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘

"Please marry me."

These were the words inscribed on [Y/N]'s wrist.

[Y/N] often wondered, just who exactly is this mysterious soulmate. Who in their right mind would say such a brazen thing to a total stranger? Perhaps a hopeless romantic had fallen in love with her at first sight. Or maybe it was through an arranged marriage. If they're soulmates it's meant to be. Right?

A sigh escaped from [Y/N] lips as she looked around the crowded streets.

"Where is she?" [Y/N] muttered dejectedly. Her patience was running thin, she's sick of waiting for her friend. The sun shone with an intense brightness, scalding any poor souls trapped in this heat. [Y/N] wiped sweat off her brow, the uncomfortable feeling of her kimono sticking to her skin just added to her ever-increasing annoyance.

[Y/N] scratched the back of her head, still bothered by the tardiness of her friend. A loud shriek interrupted her thoughts. Soon followed by a series of desperate cries and pleas.

[Y/N] recognized that shriek.

"Dammit [Friend's name] what trouble did you get into this time,"

[Y/N] followed the source of [Friend's name]'s cries. She hurriedly shoved her way through the crowd hoping to find her friend.

The moment [Y/N] reached the scene, she was dumbfounded. It comprised of [Friend's name] attempting to pry someone off her. A golden-haired boy, presumably around the same age as [Y/N], with tears and snot running down his face. It's not everyday she could witness a sight like this, nor one as pathetic as this.

"Please marry me!" Wailed the desperate boy. Needless to say [Friend's name] had a hard time shaking him off. [Friend's name] shot [Y/N] desperate glances and mouthed the words 'Help me'.

Without hesitation [Y/N] ran towards the two and landed a kick on the back of the boy's head. Immediately, his grip on her friend loosened. [Friend's name] took advantage of this and threw off the hands on her hips before rushing towards [Y/N].

The boy's face paled, and he immediately broke into a cold sweat. He could feel the glares [Y/N] shot at him bore straight into the ground. The increasing tension and animosity in the air made it hard to breathe.

"What is wrong with you?" [Y/N]'s words dripped with such intense anger and hostility made the already tense atmosphere even more strained.

The moment he heard [Y/N]'s words, he twisted around to stare at her with wide eyes. His mouth repeatedly opened and closed, yet not a sentence came out.

"Why are you looking at me like that?" [Y/N] scowled at him, her hands repeatedly clenching and unclenching into a fist.

The golden-haired boy frantically rolled up his sleeves and pointed at the words imprinted on his wrists. A stream of tears rolled down his cheeks, as if he had just received the worst news he had ever heard in his life.

Wait...

Before [Y/N] could piece things together he scrambled onto his feet, tightly clasping her hands in his.

"MY PRECIOUS SOULMATE! LET'S GET MARRIED!" The golden hair boy screeched, his arms wrapped around [Y/N].

...He was still crying.

It was then it hit [Y/N]. Hard, real hard.

Are you kidding me right now?

"What the hell?"

If looks could kill, well the entire village would be dead. Especially with the way [Y/N]'s eyebrows furrowed and nose scrunched.

Swatting off his hand, [Y/N] stared at the sentence on her wrist. Veins emerged on her forehead. His 'proposal' wasn't even directed at her!

The scenarios [Y/N] envisioned about meeting her soulmate? Shhh, you hear that? Yea, they just shattered into a million pieces.

[Y/N] didn't expect much, but c'mon this is not dreamy nor romantic at all!

"I think you have the wrong person," [Y/N] stated in a matter-of-fact tone. "Your proposal was directed at my friend, not me. Maybe you're my friend's soulmate,"

"Wait, wAIT, WAIT!" Once again an endless stream of tears rolled down his face.

How is it physically possible for a person to cry this much?

"Wait [Y/N], I've already met my soulmate! I'm sure he would be yours! "

[Friend's name] chased after [Y/N] and grabbed her hands. She refused to see her friend throw away the chance of meeting her soulmate. Not like this.

"Please?"

"Damn it [Friend's name], you know I can't say no to you with that face!"

"Good. Now go meet your soulmate!"

Before [Y/N] knew it [Friend's name] had already dragged her back to the golden-haired boy.

Now guilt was washing over [Y/N] as she saw him lying on the ground sobbing.

Damn, that's sad-

"Hey uh, sorry about kicking the back of your head. Here," Stretching out her hand, she attempted to help him up. [Y/N] heavily regretted how hostile she was to him.

"No no it's fine, I should've been less intense," He shamefully looked down at the ground and bowed at [Y/N].

Nooo don't do that now I feel even more guilty!

"Ah, please no need to bow!"

The boy looked back up at [Y/N]. He wasn't sure how to respond to the frantic patting on his back. But now, he felt his breath being taken away.

[Y/N]'s [Hair length] [Hair colour] hair matched perfectly with her [Eye colour] eyes. His eyes locked with hers, captivated by the [Eye colour] pools on her face. They sparkled under the sunlight. The sun highlighted [Y/N]'s [Hair colour] hair too. If he didn't know better he would've assumed that she was an angel.

"Ah! Where are my manners? My name is [Last name] [First name] ! "

[Last name] [First name], just [Y/N]'s name alone gave him a pleasant feeling.

"It's nice to meet you [Last name] san, I am Agatsuma Zenitsu!"

"So [Last name] san! Would you like to have lunch with me?"

"Yes please! Let's go!"

[Friend's name] stood at the sides and smirked to herself. She could already smell a relationship blossoming.

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘

【𝗔𝘂𝘁𝗵𝗼𝗿'𝙨 𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙩𝙧𝙤𝙤𝙢】
➤ So like this is the first decent fic that I found in my Google docs dump
➤ Also I think Wattpad messed up the format so like gotta fix that later smh
➤ My brain is not functioning rn send help
➤ Anyways I might delete this oneshot since I don't really like it but idk