Anti-Rogue

Spare Me Alpha but I Want Your Beta

Chapter 4- Anti-Rogue

Putting on a poker face I watched as my sister introduced "Umm, hi, I'm Dahlia," she said and offered her hand for a handshake. Nathaniel genuinely smiled at her and reached out for her hand.

"Dahlia, it is very nice to meet you. You can call me Nate."

"Okay, Nate, this is my sister Alexa," she ushered me forward with a smile.

"So we---" he began, but I cut him off before he could finish. I didn't want Dahlia knowing that I had already met him, because then she would ask questions on what happened, and now was not the time. I reached out my hand and introduced myself as though we had never met.

"It's nice to meet you, and thank you for inviting us for dinner," I said politely while trying to give him a signal not to say anything.

Nathaniel looked at me curiously but played along. I let out a breath I didn't realize I was holding.

"It was no trouble my brother her told me he found his mate, and that in itself is something to celebrate. So why don't we head to the dining area, and I will bring out dinner?" Mason walked alone with his brother ahead of us. I turned to Dahlia to see her giving me the stinky eye.

"What?"

"What the hell was that? I mean, I can see why the cat got your tongue, but did you have to eye-rape my mate's brother during our introduction?" she hissed.

I gasped. "First off, I was NOT eye-raping your mate's brother. I was just surprised at...how big and tall he was. I was a little intimidated, that's all. I am sure no one noticed."

"Yeah, you're probably right, that wasn't awkward at all," she whispered back.

We got to the dining area, and for a moment I just... stopped. It was breathtaking-- it looked as though it had not been used very much, and was beautifully set up, which only showed how special Mason wanted this dinner to be for Dahlia.

"I will be right back with dinner," Nathaniel stated, looking eager to escape the two love birds-and probably me, too- the rogue girl, he turned on his heel and was gone. It was time for me to try and talk to him, tell him not to let Dahlia know we'd met.

"I'll come and help," I said, following his figure towards the kitchen. Did I just see him frown? I was not sure. As I followed him, I saw that there were doors and doors everywhere. This place is ridiculously big for two guys, I thought to myself. We reached the kitchen then, and I froze when he slammed the door behind him.

"What are you playing at?" he growled immediately pinning my body to the door. Okay, so he was not happy at all about this. Frankly, I wasn't either. I had no mind to argue with a stupid, angry wolf who hated me just because I was... a rogue. His jawline hardened as he waited for my answer, and his eyes burned with fury.

"What are you talking about? I didn’t do anything," I hissed at him.

"You come to my house and act as though we have never met. My brother finds his mate, who just so happens to be a rogue. Lucky for your sister, my brother is naive enough to not see how wrong this is, on top of that you and her will be leaving in a week," he spat.

My temper flared. "Will you stop calling us that?"

"That's what you are, and that's what I will call you," he snapped back. "Don't forget where you are! In my house!”

I let out a slow breath, trying to reign myself in. I had to remind myself that this was for Dahlia. It was her special dinner. I was not going to spoil it because of a stupid, growling wolf. "You're right, and I am sorry. I didn't tell her about our meeting, or about... who we are, when I picked her up from school. She was so happy when she found out about Mason, telling me about him being her mate and how he wanted her to meet his brother. I was not going to rain on her parade," I said. Sighing, I looked into his eyes to assure him that I was not here to play any type of game.