Green-Eyed

Spare Me Alpha but I Want Your Beta

Chapter 12- Green-Eyed

Nathaniel's POV

Leaving Alexa was so hard. I wanted to take her right then and there, against the door. I wasn't sure if she was ready for sex, but it didn't matter. I would wait as long as she needed me too. I mind linked the guys, letting them know that we were meeting at the practice grounds. These guys were my friends-no, my brothers-- and if anything, they were the ones I could trust. Plus, before Alexa moved in, I needed to make it clear that she was mine.

"Shit!" I said out loud, remembering something. I forgot my cell phone on her bedside table. It was the only way I could keep in touch with her-I needed to get it back. It shouldn't have mattered, but somehow, her safety was my concern. Somehow, where Alexa was concerned, it made me paranoid. It would put my wolf at ease to know that she was alright. And the cell phone was my only line of communication with her. Taking a U-turn, I made my way back to the motel, and smiled as I thought of seeing her beautiful face again.

'Nate? We're all here at the grounds. Where are you?' Adam asked.

'Yeah, give me an hour; send the guys out for rounds until I get there,' I stated. I didn't want him to think I was going to go bad shit crazy like I did with Marcus.

'Alright, man. I'll see you then.'

It was just after lunch time, and I knew Alexa probably hadn't stopped to eat. She seemed eager to be moving out of that shit hole, but who could blame her? Even though she bought things to clean it up and make it homely, it just didn't seem like her. I was going to give her the best of everything as long as she let me. I pulled up to the Chinese takeout bought some food for her. I wasn't sure what she liked, so I bought four different meals, keeping one for myself. At the same time, I felt like a stupid, overprotective wolf. What the hell was wrong with me? Since when had Alexa become so important? Life-threateningly important? I shook my head and got back into the car.

Pulling up to the motel, I got out and this time knocked like a normal person. Dahlia answered the door, and I was surprised that Mason actually listened to me when I told him to take her home right after school.

She broke into a teasing, welcome smile. "Hey Nate, how are you?" she said in a suspiciously cheerful tone. Like she knew something that I didn't. I smiled back at her her gaze.

"Hello Dahlia, I'm good. Can I come in?" I asked while she held the door open just enough to put herself in the way. She tapped her feet to the ground.

"Nate...if you're looking for Mason, he's not here," she said with a smirk playing on her lips. Okay, so she wanted to know what the hell I was doing here.

"I know Mason's not here. Actually, I came here to drop off some food for you and your sister, and get my cell phone that I left," I said, and then realized that she didn't know I'd come in earlier. Great, Nate, digging yourself deeper into the hole.

"Oh. Well, thank you for the food, Nate. That's really nice of you. Come on in," she said in a mischievous tone. I was about to step in, when she stopped, and I bumped into her. She turned.

"One more question. Why is your cell phone here?" she said, getting all serious, and quirked an eyebrow at me. Jeez, she looked a different version of Alexa, it was weird. I ran my fingers through my hair, slightly embarrassed. What was I going to tell her? What if Alexa didn't tell her about us? I was quickly brought out of my thoughts when she started laughing.

"Ah, that was so good! You should have seen your face! Don't worry, big guy, I don't need to know about you and my sister's sex capades." She walked away, laughing, leaving me to stare at her dumbfounded. Shaking my head, I closed the door. Man, Mason was going to be on pins and needles with that one. I placed the food on the table and walked down the hall. I heard her giggling then, and I stood in the doorway of her room, listening to the pleasing sound. She was sitting on the bed with her back towards me.