We Wait...

Song for this chapter. Usher-what's a man to do

Alpha Nicholas's POV

I was killing wolves left and right until I felt a sharp pain on my neck. The only thing that could mean was Alexa was hurt. I ran towards where Nate had called for help. As I was getting closer I was horrified. Nate stood froze watching Alexa fighting for her life as one of Julius's trained fighting wolf claw at my mate as she howled in pain I kept running I knock Nate out the way locking my jaw around the wolves neck snapping it in half. I quickly looked over Alexa's limp body there was so much blood. My wolf was shaking with worry he howled in pain. I couldn't shift my wolf had to make sure she safe from danger. Once I was sure I shift I grabbed her in my arms.

"Alexa can you hear me?" My voice quivered. She didn't respond I took my shaky hands to check to see if she had a pulse. I could feel a light pulse. Her wolf was so badly wounded she wasn't healing quick enough. I linked to anyone who could hear me. 'I need the pack doctor here NOW!' I didn't care who did it first but I needed Mary here.

"Alexa... Please stay with me... Please" I whispered as I rocked her in my arms. I silently prayed to the moon goddess... 'please let her live, she doesn't deserve any of this she deserves to live a happy life. Take me in her place... Please'

I sobbed for what felt like forever with my head on her bloody coat. I looked up after I heard some ruffled movements Nate had the yellow colored wolf who had attached Alexa in his arms with Addison holding a sheet in her hands with a man standing beside her. What the fuck is going on? I saw my Yukon driving up the lawn it stop in front of me. Mary came rushing out with her medical bag in hand.

"Alpha... I need you to let her go" she said timidly as I growled under breath I knew she was right but my wolf didn't want her out of his sight.

"Alpha please I need to check her" she asked more firmly. I nodded and move away giving her space to do her job. I watched Mary's every move I didn't register what was happening around me till I felt a hand squeeze my shoulder. I looked up to see Adam's face masked with sympathy as he stared down at Alexa. 'I know the truth man... and I am sorry, but if you don't want people talking you need to sober up' I looked around as the men of my pack were making their way towards me I looked back to Adam. 'I don't give a fuck who knows anymore she's my fucking mate and she's dying right in front of me while the man she loves is hovering over the very wolf that did it!' I growled at Adam I couldn't stand being there any longer I wanted her at the pack hospital.

"Mary... What going on?" I questioned.

"Alpha... She has a heartbeat but it's not strong she's lost to much blood and her wolf has gone into shock from the trauma... We need to get her out of here and into a sterile environment" she said grabbing a needle from her bag with a little jar of liquid. I watched as she filled the syringe with clear liquid.

"What is that Mary?" I asked.

"It's a stabilizer for her wolf once I inject her she will shift to human form... So you might want to grab that gown I have in my bag" she gestured me towards her bag. I quickly grabbed the gown. I looked around and gave an order to my men.

"Look away!" I growled once that was done Mary had already injected Alexa who's body started to convulse.

"Mary! What the fuck is happening!" I yelled dropping to my knees in front of her. "She is fine Alpha it will seize" She said and I gasp when I saw her in human form with her neck sliced open and claw marks open on her chest on top of that she was bruised and beaten.

"I will use some stitching tape to hold the wounds closed until we make it to the hospital" Mary said as she got to work. Once covered I placed her delicate body into the truck. Once I closed the door I looked over to where Nate was and he was gone so was the wolf.