Pour Salt On My Open Wounds

Nathaniel's POV

After my rounds I headed back home. I was exhausted, now I have a dinner to attend and asked Alexa it she is willing to go. If she doesn't I not going mind staying home with my girl, and watch a movie or something. I'm glad Nick and I settled our issues.

I pulled into the garage and caught the most delicious aroma lingering through the house. I walked up towards the hallway to the kitchen. There she was with a apron around her waist, her hair put in a messy bun with a pink bandana wrapped around her head. She hand on short shorts and a plain white tee. At that moment she decided to bend over and check on whatever she had in the oven. I groaned and felt a twitch in my pants. I licked my lips as one of her ass cheeks pecked through her shorts. I was a little surprised she didn't hear me come in.

She started to sing alone to a song and bob her head. I notice her headphones in her ears; waking up beside her I wrapped my arms around her from behind. She yelped and turned to face me. "Nate! You scared the shit out of me!" She said and pinched my nipple.

"Ouch! That hurt." I said rubbing my nip. "Never walk up on somebody like! Haven’t you seen what happens in those scary movies." She huff placing a kiss on my lips.

"I missed you." I said moving a lose hair from her face. She smiled up at me with her cute dimples. "I missed you too baby, I made one of my mom's favorite Spanish dishes for dinner. I hope you like it. It's called Pastelon."(sweet plantain lasagna)

Guilt washed over me, she made dinner and I was going to ask her if she wants to go to the pack house for dinner, but if she said no I wouldn't push it. "What's that face for?" She questioned. "Nothing it's just Hannah invited us over for dinner tonight." I said her smile immediately vanished and her body tensed she looked away from me. Maybe after last night she wasn't ready to face anyone just yet.

"We don't have to go baby, I will let them know it’s no big deal." I said bringing my finger to her chin I turned her to face me. "Nick and I talked it out, so we don't need to go. It was Hannah's idea to get just the closest friends together." She placed her hand on my face, I leaned into to her touch.

"Nate, I can’t have you choosing between me and your friends. I will clean up here and bring dinner as a dish to the pack house, it's no big deal." She said looking into my eyes. I kissed her forehead. "You are greatest thing to happen to me do you know that?" She chuckled. "Touché." She said turning away from me. I slapped her ass, she yelped; I laughed.

"Nathaniel! I'm a kick your ass, don't make me give you another one of my famous wedgies." I froze I did not need one of those ever again. "I'll past, I'm going up to wash up." I said to her as I ran upstairs.

"What's up Nate?" I turned to see my brother. "Hey Mase, what's going on? How's Dahlia?." I questioned remembering she and him mated. Therefore she should be at her early stages of heat.

"She's good, I think she's starting her heat phase so I thought that I would take her out of town until it’s over. I don't want to chance any other male wolfs around."

"Where do you plan on taking her?" I asked curiously.

"I was thinking about asking Nick if I could use his beach house for a few weeks. So all we need is you to give us the okay?" He asked.

"I guess that's fine, but I want you to call me everyday I will talk to principal Newton and let him know use will be out of school." He nodded.

"Thanks Nate. We're going out tonight so I will talk to you later." He said and took off. That boy spends more of his time out of this house then he does in it.