Surprise Visit

Spare Me Alpha but I Want Your Beta

Chapter 8- Surprise Visit

Alexa's POV

I lay in bed, staring up at the ceiling. I was trying to figure out what my next move would be. I had five more days to come up with a plan. Slowly, I sat up in bed, and my head weighed like a ton of bricks. Jeez, I had a massive headache. Walking in to the bathroom, I grabbed a couple aspirins and chugged them down with a glass of water. I didn't feel like doing anything today. Oversleeping had made me cranky; I didn't even hear when Lia left for school.

I decided to go for a run and let my wolf out. I walked out towards the back of the motel, towards the trees. Then I stripped out of my tank and yoga pants and hung them by a tree trunk. I shifted into my silvery white wolf. Once I was on all fours, I took off, feeling the wind blow my fur. Ah... it felt so good doing this; I rarely let my wolf out. Being in the city, I didn't have that advantage, and my wolf wasn't too happy about that.

'It's isn't our place to be among the human kind,'' She whispered in my head.

'I know, but what was I supposed to do when our kind didn't want us around?'

'Find our mate; he is the one that will take care of things, protect us from any harm.'

'Where am I supposed to find him?! He could be anywhere!'

'Well, he isn't that Nathaniel, that's for sure!'

'Listen, it's been almost five years, and at some point, I'm going to have to claim my own mate. Anyway, I think he has someone already, so don't worry about him.'

I continued running through the trees. I came across a waterfall leading to a creek, it was breathtaking. It was beautiful; there was a light hue of a rainbow across the falls of the water. I walked towards the creek to get some water. I didn't know how far into the land I went, but I was glad I did. I landed on the grass, laying my head on my paws, taking in the scene in front of me. This was peace; this was relief.

My mind unconsciously wandered back to Nathaniel, and the thought of his hands on my body made me shiver. I imagined him pulling me to his chest, imagined my back pressed against his, while he feathered kisses down the curve of my neck. My wolf whimpered-- she wanted her mate. And for some strange reason, I wanted Nate...

I flushed. I actually liked the sound of it coming off my lips. What was it about him? He angered me, and attracted me at the same time. I thought of running in on him and that redhead last night, and frowned. Was she his mate? His girlfriend?

Oh hell, what do I care? I thought. It was none of my business. Still, I couldn't help but daydream of a possibility that maybe, just maybe he was attracted to me, too.

I shook my head firmly. Coming out of my dirty thoughts, I made my way back to the motel. Thankfully I didn't come across any members of the Crescent Falls Pack.

I quickly changed into my clothes and made my way inside. I checked my phone to see that Lia left a message, saying she was going to dinner and a movie tonight with Mason and friends.

I quickly sent her a message to be safe. I grabbed clean jean shorts and an off the shoulder tee, and went for the shower.

I was glad I stocked up on my Bath and Body. I used my Paris Amor body wash. When I got out, I put lotion on my body, and got dressed, pulling my hair out of my bun, letting my hair fall to its natural waves. Walking to the cabinet, I grabbed a glass and poured myself a glass of wine.

Since I finished cleaning up the room in about five minutes, I decided to read one of the books Lia bought for the trip. I had nothing else to do. Grabbing the first one, I saw it was 'Fifty Shades Of Grey'. Hmm... I read the description, and it seemed interesting enough. I sat on the sofa, thanking myself for buying a sofa cover-- who knows what went down on here...I shivered at the thought. Putting on my reading glasses, I started to read.

By the time I got through half of the book, it was a quarter past two in the afternoon. I was now beginning to see where Lia got her sexual boldness from. Damn Christian Grey. There was a knock at the door. Who would be looking for me unless Lia left her keys? Setting the book on the end table, I walked over to the door. When I did so, I found Nathaniel filling my doorway, looking as good as ever with a smirk playing on his face, one hand leaning on the door frame. He was so big, I could barely see around him.

"What are you doing here?" I asked, surprised. My heart was thudding in my chest. I couldn't believe I'd been thinking about him this morning-he looked even better than I'd imagined. I pulled my thoughts off the danger zone, and frowned. Maybe Alpha Julian had sent him, or maybe something happened to my sister! Putting my thoughts at ease, he spoke in his deep, husky tone.

"I came to see you...and apologize," he looked at me with soft eyes. It was a surprise. Nathaniel was being kind to me? That was a first. But I couldn't figure out what he was apologizing for.

"Apologize?" I questioned, raising one eyebrow.

He straightened himself. "Can I come in?"

"Err... sure." I gestured him in, moving myself away to make way so he could walk by. The question still remained: why exactly was he here?

I sat back down on the sofa, and noticed him looking around, scoping the place out. His eyes focused on my wine glass and book.

"Was I interrupting something?" he asked in a laughing tone, and his grey, shining eyes fell on me. It reminded me of Christian Grey and the stuff I'd been reading. My mouth went dry and I couldn't look away from him I wanted him.

"No...I was just reading," I mumbled, ducking my head, and flushed. God. He caught me reading Fifty Shades of Grey...! His handsome face still had a smile plastered on it. I pouted, pretending to ignore the implications.

"I see... Is it any interesting?" he mumbled, and I flushed again.

"I still don't know why you're here," I said, changing the topic. He seemed to go a little serious, and sat down on the other end of the sofa. I didn't know what else to say-I waited for him to answer, to say something first.

"I want to apologize for my behavior last night. I'm sorry you had to see... you know, Addison and me... my wolf had already surfaced, and she threw herself at me..."

"You don't have to explain anything to me. That's your house and totally your business. I didn't mean to walk in on you and your girlfriend, or mate, whichever."

He came to apologize for that? I was confused... and flattered, maybe. I looked up at him, and saw his tense jaw muscles. There were so many expressions on his beautiful face. I wanted to reach out, cup his face, and smooth his features with kisses.

"She's not my mate or my girlfriend," he said seriously. I just stared at him in surprise. Turning to face me, he moved a little closer on the sofa, and my knees touched his. He leaned in and spoke softly.

"Can I tell you something?"

I nodded, unable to find the right words.

"Ever since I saw you, I wanted to kiss you. I wanted your body molding with mine...I've never wanted something so bad in my life." His voice was husky and deep, his eyes were hard and burning, and it was something I hadn't expected him to say.

I sucked in a sharp breath. I was in shock, unable to move. It didn't explain the hatred he'd felt for me before, or the rage that he showed towards rogues. But whatever it was, I was sure it had a reason. Underneath all that hard, hot-tempered demeanour, he was still a kind man. And I was beginning to feel dizzy with the want I felt for him. He leaned in and whispered in my ear.

"Can I kiss you, Alexa?" he placed a kiss under my ear lobe. I gasped; my heart started racing in my chest. He softly trailed kisses down my neck, and back up to my jaw, until he was inches away from my lips, our noses touching, his eyes looking for an answer. I knew I should have said no, but that wasn't the word that left my lips.

"Yes," I whispered, and his lips met mine.