Chapter 34

Thomas helped me up from the ground. I scrunched my eyes together; when I stood, my back exploded with pain. It took all my strength to keep in the urge to scream out and just pass out again.

"Are you okay?" Thomas asked me, his eyes full of concern.

I nodded, keeping my tears from spilling. "I'm fine."

"You don't look fine."

"I said I'm fine." I said through gritted teeth.

He nodded, but didn't look convinced. He let go of my waist and ran back into the fight. I stumbled a little once he let go, but contained my balance.

I ran over to go back to the fight, only to be stumped. How was I supposed to fight Kl'rt? I didn't have my pistols, or a bow, or a adamantium-vibranium alloy shield, a magical hammer, an iron suit, or the power to give mental bolts through your telekinesis, or the power to turn into a gamma radiation monster. I was useless.

What am I supposed to do?

And to my surprise, somebody answered me. Distract him.

I looked around. Nobody was there. Hello? I thought.

Is deaf one of your conditions? Came the voice again. I said distract Kl'rt!

And suddenly I knew who was it. Got it, I said back.

Good. Said Thomas.

"Hey!" I yelled at Kl'rt, waving my arms in the air. "Hey ugly!"

Kl'rt didn't seem to hear me over the noise. I looked around and picked up a brick from the ground. I threw it with the last bit of my strength at Kl'rt, hoping I didn't knock out one of my teammates.

The brick hit Kl'rt in the shoulder. He looked around him, desperately trying to find the person who horribly threw a brick at him. When his eyes locked with mine, I launched another brick, and this time, it hit him in the face.

He growled and flew towards me. Not run, no, but flew. With the Human Torch's flames. I was definitely not expecting this. I turned and ran for my life, but he grabbed me in one gigantic hand and flew a few hundred feet in the air.

"Let me go!" I punched him with my good hand. Good: I finally hit him. Bad: Kl'rt was shocked and dropped me.

I was too terrified to scream. This was how I was going to die. One of my greatest fears: heights. But I didn't die. Somebody grabbed me before I hit the ground and I desperately wrapped my arms around them while they landed on the ground. I opened my eyes and Thor put me down.

"Thank you." I said to him.

Thor nodded and shot straight up in the air, smacking Kl'rt, who was still in the air, with his hammer. Kl'rt was smacked a few feet away but shot into Thor, punching him in the gut with the Thing's fist. Even with his armor, I don't think Thor could have not been affected. Thor flew back into a building far far away.

Meanwhile, Kl'rt shot straight to the ground. I ran away, hoping he didn't see me, to see how I could help the Hulk with Abomination. I couldn't believe they were still at it.

Hulk had just crashed a broken car into Abomination's head. "Yes!" I said, cheering Hulk. "Go Hulk!" He looked at me confused, and Abomination took that chance to smash him into the ground.

"No!" I booed.

I heard footsteps behind me. I waited until it was close enough to kick the Skrull in the face from behind. The Skrull crumpled to the ground. It had a disintegrating gun in it's hand. I guessed it was going to disintegrate me.