Chapter 14

"Interrogation time!" Nick said as he, Natasha and I walked into the room.

It's been a week since we caught the Skrull. And everyday, Nick, Natasha and I interrogate it. I don't even know why I have to be here. So far, we have...nothing from it. The Skrull just sits there looking at it's hands. We haven't even saw it's alien form. It dosen't shapeshift into anyone else but that old man in beige.

Everyday at the same time, we pray that this time at this place, we get lucky enough to at least get a few answers.

We sit in this large white room with no windows. The Skrull in in this large clear glass case. There's no chairs, or beds or tables. It's just empty.

Nick and I sit at a rectangular table in front of the Skrull's "cell". Natasha sits on the edge of the table with her arms crossed. Nick straightens his papers out. He puts them down on the table and looks dead in the eye at the Skrull.

"So," Nick starts. "Let's start with..." He looks down at the paper, scanning it. "Ah," He looks back at the Skrull. "Let's see you change into your alien form."

The Skrull sits there, saying nothing. It dosen't move an inch. It's pretty creepy.

"I'm guessing you didn't hear me," Nick says. "Change into your alien form." He says raising his voice.

The Skrull dosen't move it's head, but it's eyes. It looks at Natasha. She dosen't move, she's just staring at it. Then, suddenly, what happens next happens in a blink of an eye. We don't see the old man in beige anymore. We see Natasha. Where the Skrull was just sitting a second ago. The exact spot where the Skrull was.

'Natasha' smiles as 'she' looks back at Nick. "There. You happy now?" It says, in Natasha's voice.

"Now you decide to talk, huh? What makes today a special day?" Nick says.

The Skrull, still disguised as Natasha, shrugs. "I feel...good today. Don't you?"

"I will...if you answer some questions." He says.

"Well, what questions do you have for me?" Natasha's voice asks.

Nick looks down at the paper and then back at the Skrull. "For starters, how'd you escape prison at S.W.O.R.D?"

"Pretty easy actually. When the guards gave us our lunch, we knocked them out and stole the keys. Not a very secured prison if you ask me." It replies.

"Okay. Next question." Nick says as he looks down at the paper again. "How-"

"Can you change into your alien form?" I ask it, cutting Nick off.

Nick glares at me annoyed. 'Natasha' looks at me and smiles. "Of course I can," it starts. "But I don't want to."

I got up from my chair and said, "Don't start getting smart with me ugly, 'cause I-"

"Sit down, Bricks." Nick ordered.

I hesitated, but then sat back down in my chair and crossed my arms while giving the Skrull a dark look.

The Skrull chuckled. "What's so funny?" The real Natasha asked it making me jump a little forgetting she was here.

"Oh nothing. Nothing's funny." It says still chuckling.

"Oh really? Then why are you laughing?" She asks.

"What? Can't I laugh?" The fake Natasha asked.

"Yes, you can. But there's gotta be a reason to it, right?"

The Skrull didn't say anything after that. Just as Nick was about to ask another question, Stark came in holding a drink.

"What do you want, Stark? We're in the middle of interrogating." Nick says annoyingly.

"Oh, I just wanna see what it has to say." Stark said as he looks at the Skrull. "You look pretty today." He says to the it.

The real Natasha gave Tony a dark look telling him to shut up while the other Natasha laughed and said, "Thank you, I try."

Stark sat on the other end of the table, drinking a soda can.
Nick rolled his eyes and continued the interrogation.

"Okay, how did you come to Earth?" Nick asked.

"Spaceship."

"Is there more of you here on Earth?"

"Yes."

"Do you have like a secret place where you meet?"

"Yes."

"What are you planning to do on Earth?"

The Skrull didn't hesitate to say, "We're going to take over Earth."

There was a short pause before Nick asked one last question. "How many of you are there?"

The Skrull smiled. "Billions. And there's nothing you humans or team of superheroes can do to stop us."