Chapter 23

I was walking down the hallway to go get some fresh air outside the Helicarrier when someone bumped into me, knocking me down to the ground. I groaned, placing a hand on my forehead.

"I'm sorry about that," said a familiar voice.

I looked up but my vision was fuzzy. I must've gotten dizzy being stuck inside all day. I saw what looked like a pale hand in front of me. I grabbed it and they pulled me up from the ground to my feet.

"Thanks," I say shaking my head.

"Oh, hey Savannah,"

I narrowed my eyebrows and realized it was Thomas when my vision became clear again. I smiled. I haven't seen Thomas for a few weeks. We've been busy, the both of us. That's what stinks about having important jobs, we hardly have anytime to do what we want, to see who we want.

"Hey, Tom," I say, "I was just going to get some fresh air for a bit. Want to join me?"

"I'd like that," he replied with a small smile.

We walked side-by-side to the end of the Helicarrier where we were hovering over the water. It was beautiful, the waves crashing over each other, seeing my reflection as I place my arms on the railing. I close my eyes and breath in the fresh air.

Sometimes I wish, that I wasn't so busy with all this superhero business. It's hard, really, dealing with all this enemy and training stuff. I mean, I love being apart of a team - especially The Avengers - but, it's a lot of work. Sometimes, you just need a break, and I don't think Nick thinks about that, let alone know it. He's just so . . . oh what's the word - serious - about this stuff. I know, it is a problem, enemies threatening to take over the earth and stuff, but we are humans, right? We need breaks, to get our mind of some things and just need to rest . . .

"I haven't seen you in a while," Thomas said, and I jumped, forgetting he was here. "I missed you,"

I looked at him, though he wasn't looking at me, but at the sea. I smiled and looked at the water also. "I did too."

He let's out a sigh. "God, it's just so much work. I need a break,"

I let out a short laugh. "Join the club."

Silence washed over us. But it wasn't long before Thomas said something in which I didn't want to talk about, "I heard about Natasha."

I sighed and closed my eyes again. "Yeah . . ."

"What happened?"

I bite my lip and look in the opposite direction of Thomas just incase I started to cry.

"Oh, sorry," he said.

I shake my head. "No, no it's . . . fine."

Once again, silence. But instead of Thomas this time, my watch beeped, breaking the silence. I looked down at my wrist and my watch read three o'clock.

"Oh, I'm sorry, Tom," I say realizing I need to go. "I totally forgot I'm supposed to be training now."

"No, it's okay. Go, we'll talk later." He smiles.

I nod and walk away. Ugh, I hate it when he does that. He smiles and is all sweet, acting like it's no big deal, not seeing each other in weeks. I know it bothers him when either one of us has to leave, he just dosen't show it.

______

When I get to the training room, I'm accompanied by my teammates, but not Natasha.

Natasha has been my trainer ever since I've become an Avenger. We work well together, and I love when it's time to train, because we get to spend some time together, just us girls. But now, we can't. And now I have to train with Stark and the others.

I sigh and walk inside, joining the others.

"Hey, Tera," Tony says with a grin.

I roll my eyes. "Stop calling me that,"

"Why? You don't like it?"

But before I can answer, someone had walked through the doors. We all turned our heads and gasped. It was Natasha. She held crutches and wore her training uniform, like the rest of us.

"Natasha, what are you doing here?" Steve asked shocked.

"I came to train, Rogers." She replied rolling her eyes and limping towards the rest of us, but Steve stepped in front of her.

She let a loud sigh of frustration. "Please move out of my way,"

Steve's eyebrows narrowed. "Your supposed to be in bed."

"It's training day, I have to be here." She said slightly annoyed.

"But, your hurt and-"

"Move, Steve!" She raised her voice.

But Steve didn't move, which was a typical mistake. Natasha placed a rough hand on his chest and pushed him off to the side. Steve looked hurt.

"Alright, first . . . Clint, come and spar with me." Natasha ordered. Clint hesitated but eventually moved in front of her.

"No!" Steve shouted. Natasha turned around, facing him, angry. "Nat, your not supposed to be out of bed. You need rest, you need-"

"Don't you understand, Steve?" Natasha shouted too. "I'm an Avenger, I have to fight no matter what the cost. No matter if I'm injured, no matter what! This is what I do! I have to train to beat these freaking Skrulls!"

"Don't you understand I don't want you dead!" Steve yelled.

Natasha fell silent. But then she turned her back at him, threw both her crutches across the room, and - after steading her balance - stood in a fighting position, ready to fight. Clint looked unsure of what to do and said, "Nat . . . I don't want to hurt you-"

But he was cut off when Natasha threw a first punch. Luckily, Clint was quick and dodged eyebrows raised. Unfortunately, he wasn't quick enough to dodge Natasha's kick. He fell to the ground, groaning.

Natasha stood up straight, but immediately crumpled down to the floor, because she didn't have her crutches. Steve rushed over and helped her up, but she pushed him away. Steve was hurt. She got up herself and limped slowly out of the room, slamming the door behind her.

"Well, that was . . . interesting," spoke Tony.

Authors Note: Hoped you liked it! PLEASE vote and comment!

~Marvel890