Chapter 11

I woke up to a scratching sound. I opened my eyes to darkness. My hand reached the lamp and I turned it on. I scanned my room for the sound. Nothing. I looked at the clock: two o'clock. I groaned. I was about to turn the lamp off again and try to sleep if it wasn't for the sound, again. I got off my bed and walked around the room.

Scratch scratch scratch. There it was again. I heard it outside my room. I opened the door slowly. I peeked outside but saw nothing but darkness. Scratch scratch scratch. I jumped back. Something toched my leg. I looked down. Wow. So that was making the scratching sound.

A cat.

All I can see was it's yellow creepy eyes. What is a cat doing on a Helicarrier? I thought there was a 'No pets allowed' rule. I kneeled down beside the cat.

"What are you doing?" I asked angrily.

The cat just stared at me with those yellow eyes. I picked it up and put it on my bed. I turned the lamp on. Now, I got a good look at the cat. It was black and white. And it had a collar around it's neck. I walked over to it and read the collar.

Fluffy. Why is it always Fluffly? If not Fluffy, then Whiskers.

I went to look at my door and it had scratch marks all over the bottom of it. I walked back inside my room. I looked at Fluffy and crossed my arms against my chest.

"Why'd you do that to my door?" I asked the cat.

"Meow." It said.

I was going to look around the Helicarrier and see who the cat belongs to but I just remembered it's two in the morning when I yawned. I'll just wait 'till later. I pushed the cat off my bed and layed on my bed. Fluffy 'meowed' and went under my desk. It curled up and fell asleep. I turned off the lamp and fell asleep imedinately.

______

I woke up from this time knocking instead of scratching. I yawned, turned on the lamp and opened the door. It was Steve.

"Hey." I say tiredly.

"Hi. Nick wants us. He says it's urgent." Steve says.

"Alright, let's go." I say walking out but Steve stops me.

"You might want to change first." He says looking up and down at me.

I look down and notice I'm in my pj's. "Oh, right. I'll be there in a few minutes."

He nods and walks away while I close the door. I change into a blue T-shirt and black jeans with my black sneakers. I tie my hair up in a ponytail. I walk out the door forgetting about Fluffy.

______

When I enter the room, Nick stares at me, no emotion in his face.

"What?" I ask.

"Your late." He says.

"Well, sorry. I woke up at two in the morning." I say remembering about the cat while sitting in a chair. "Oh, by the way, there's someones cat in my room, Fluffly. Ring a bell?" I ask scannning my teammates faces.

"A cat?" Nick asks angrily.

Just then, Stark sinks in his chair. Nick spots him and walks over to him.

"The cat is yours?" He asks.

"No. Actually, it's Pepper's. Well, not yet. I bought it for her and I...lost it." Stark says.

"You know I don't allow pets on the Helicarrier." Nick says.

Stark shrugs. "I'll give it to Pepper today."

Nick walks away from him to the center of the room with his hands behind his back. "Now, I have a mission for you. My agents have finished the tracker devices." He says putting the devices on the table.

The tracker devices look exactly like cell phones.

"Uh, I don't think you noticed, but those are cell phones." Clint says.

"Actually, they aren't cell phones. They are-" Stark starts but gets cut off by Nick.

"Thanks Stark, but I can explain." Stark rolls his eyes. "These are disguised as cell phones." He says.

"So, we can't text or call or play games on it, right?" Clint asked disappointed.

Nick ignored him. "You just hold them as if you are texting and when a red light shows up, the Skrull is near you. When the green light pops up, the Skrull is just inches away from you."

"What is the yellow light?" Bruce asks.

"When the yellow light shows up, it means the Skrull is 100 feet away from you, probably in the area you are in." Nick says. "Okay, so you are going to have a partner and you are going to share a tracker."

"But there are only three devices." Steve says.

"I have one built into my suit." Tony says.

"Okay. Banner, your with Barton. Rogers and Thor. And Savannah, your with Romanoff." Nick says. We all nod. "Good luck, Avengers."

And with that, we went to the city with our partners to search for the Skrulls.