Chapter 25

"So, my agents tracked down the Skrulls and finally found out where they teleported to." said Nick.

"Well, are you going to tell us where they went?" Tony asked impatiently.

Nick glared at him. "I was getting to that," he said bitterly. "It seems they teleported to their home planet, Skrullos."

"So no more Skrulls?" Clint asked hopefully.

"Do you think they'll give up that easily, Barton?"

Clint looked down sheepishly.

"Okay, so what, we are supposed to fly to this planet, Skrullos, and demand they cancel their plans of destroying earth?" Tony said sarcastically.

"No, we-"

"Let me guess, we are going to, wait?" Clint said rolling his eyes.

Nick sighed frustratingly. "No. More. Interruptions." We all fell silent, then he continued. "We sent Thor up there to the planet a few days ago, and-"

"Oh, so that's why he's been gone. I haven't seen him in a while," I say, but immediately shut my mouth when I see Nick's glare.

"As I was saying," Nick said sending me yet another glare. "Thor snuck inside and quickly placed a recording device, similar to a baby monitor, there. And this is what got recorded,"

Nick pressed a button on the recording device and we all pressed our ears close to listen carefully.

There was some muffling sounds, but then it became clear. ". . . plan on coming."

"Are you sure, sir?" said a female voice. "That soon? We need to plan, don't we?"

"She is right." said a different voice; male. "We weren't prepared well enough last time. We need to get more stronger, more vicious."

I grimace. More vicious? They are already vicious enough.

"I have a plan." He said, and I can almost hear him smile his evil ugly green grin. "We are going to unleash, the monster."

Then there was a static sound and then it turned off.

"Our communication got cut off just after that," Nick explained. "This is all the information we have."

"Do you know what this 'monster' is?" Steve asked making me jump; I forgot he was here, he's usually with Bruce and Natasha.

Nick shook his head, no. "We don't even have any suspicions of who or what it could be. We don't know what's on that planet besides the Skrulls, so it could be anything."

"What was the point of listening to this if we didn't learn anything from it?" Tony asked.

"Well, for one thing, we learned that the Skrulls are coming back to earth." Nick began.

"And we know that they are unleashing this monster, which, knowing the Skrulls, is going to be big, bad, ugly and-"

"Not easy to beat," I said, cutting off Clint.

~~~~~~

We all walked to Bruce's lab to tell him what happened at the meeting and to check up on Natasha. Bruce called telling us that he found out what happened with her and Steve was anxious to find out.

When we walked inside, we saw Natasha in the same state as before. Bruce looked at us and smiled weakly. We all gathered around Natasha and Steve sat down and took her hand.

"Alright, so what's wrong with her?" Tony asked Bruce.

"Okay, so once I took samples of her blood, I went straight to work. My computer took a while for it to find out what's wrong. When we were at the battle, Natasha got shot in the leg and stabbed in her stomach area. It seems, that the knife she got stabbed with, had some kind of poison on it."