001

⊱ ────── {⋅

────── {. .} ──────

THE COLD BLADE PRESSED AGAINST THE MATERIAL COVERING HER BACK.

"Don't move," The man mumbled. Her stomach twisted and turned as she thought how easily he could sink the blade into her skin. But she swallowed her nerves and stood tall. The last thing she needed right now was for her confidence to waver.

Maeve nodded her head showing that she had heard his words and understood him clearly.

She watched as the rest of the people on the ship were forced off.

"Welcome to Paradis." Hange who stood next to her beamed. They wore an eye patch with glasses while their hair was pulled back into a ponytail.

They leaned onto Maeve's shoulder pressing their cheek onto hers.

"Get away from her, you don't know what she's planning." The man scowled at them. But Hange ignored Levi by remaining close to Maeve's side.

"I'm unarmed, and have no plans of destroying your land." Maeve turned towards him.

He pressed the blade harder, feeling a slight burn she hissed, the blade must've pierced through the surface of her skin.

"Tell your friend here to back off a little," Maeve groaned as she shifted forward to avoid the blade.

"There's no use, Levi is too hardheaded to listen to me anyway." They patted Levi's shoulder.

"Watch it, four-eyes." He warned. They playfully rolled their eyes and leaned back onto you.

"See, impossible." Hange patted her back again.

While the rest of the boat was being searched the group decided it was best to divide their forces.

They had dragged Maeve and Onyankopon into a separate room for the time being. Niccolo and Yelena were off in another tent alone.

Maeve gnawed at her fingernails as she waited for the time to tick.

"I'm not even useful, they're going to toss me into the river." Maeve rambled.

She was nervous and unsure if they were going to do anything to her. While she knew they had their reasons Paradis was on the brink of extinction from the conflict. They couldn't take any risks and she was the risk.

"You need to calm down, Maeve." Onyankopon tried to speak. But she ignored his voice and continued to pace around the room.

The curtains on the tent pulled back slowly causing her to nearly jump out. She turned towards the door, seeing the same overly welcoming person as before.

Hange walked in with a bright smile as they clasped their hands together.

"Good news, you two won't be tossed in the river." Hange gave them a thumbs up.