020

⊱ ────── {⋅

────── {. .} ──────

MAEVE SWUNG HER LEGS OVER THE LEDGE. She stood up walking across the roof. To her surprise, she wasn't alone.

"Jean?" She asked the dark shadow in front of her. He turned towards her, the moon reflecting off making him look invisible in the night. "What are you doing out here?" Maeve walked over and sat down beside him.

"Clearing my mind," Jean turned back around looking ahead. "I could say the same to you." He whispered. Maeve chewed at the inside of her cheek. "I needed a break," Maeve shut her eyes.

The window blew through her hair, Jean watched as a small smile found its way onto her face. "I can feel your eyes," She smirked. Jean snapped his head away to hide his flushed cheeks.

He was grateful for the night sky, she couldn't see his red cheeks even if she tried. Maeve peeked her eye open, watching Jean from the side.

"I'm just teasing you." She reached over squeezing his hand. He looked down at their hands and then back up at her. Maeve pulled their hands apart bring her hands back to her lap.

"Sorry," She mumbled. Jean opened his mouth to tell her he was the one sorry for making it awkward. Like always he couldn't form the words. Whenever he was around Maeve he often found himself struggling to speak.

It wasn't that he didn't speak at all around her but he was afraid of making himself look like a foul around her. What he didn't know was that anything he said or could do would ever change how she felt about him.

The same could be said about her, the lack of communication had made both of them incapable of acknowledging their feelings.

Four years had passed since she first stepped foot in Paradis. She spent half of her time avoiding the truth. Telling herself she wasn't worthy of Jean's affection.

Now as they sat under the moonlight for the first time in a while, all of that became forgotten. It felt as if whatever could happen on the rooftop where she first shared her secrets with him, would remain there, untouched.

Maeve reached her hand up brushing away his hair from his face. She leaned over, her other hand propping her body up. He froze as he watched her glance down at his lips.

She looked up at his eyes again, her breath hitched in her throat waiting for him to make the next move. Jeans traveling hand stopped at her waist.

It was as if the world had gone still just for the both of them. Jean leaned forward brushing his nose against hers. Their lips grazed but just before they could touch she pulled away pressing her face up against his chest.

Either way, her kissing him or not she'd be selfish. Maeve wasn't sure what she wanted anymore, the only thing she knew was that she had fallen in love with Jean Kirstein.