019

⊱ ────── {⋅

────── {. .} ──────

HANGE PULLED THEIR JACKET OFF THE CHAIR, SLIPPING IT ON. "I'm going down to see Eren," Hange told Maeve. "Can I come?" She chewed at her cheek waiting for Hange's response.

It had been days since the attack on Liberio and Maeve had managed to force herself to forget the events that had happened.

Locking them up and throwing away the key. There was no time to address it.

"Sure," Hange nodded their head. Maeve slipped on her jacket and followed behind Hange, still limping from her injury.

The jail wasn't being guarded by anyone currently, Eren was the only one inside. Gabi and Falco were in another jail above ground. "I'll stay here," Maeve leaned against the brick wall beside the door.

Hange nodded and opened the door to go inside. She waited there for Hange, picking at her nails to pass time.

Before she had noticed Hange was done. They came stumbling out the door, tears clouding their vision. "Hange, are you okay?" Maeve reached forward.

"I'm fine, I'll see you later." Hange rushed away not wanting Maeve to see. She gulped and straightened her back, there was no telling what had happened while she stood out.

It would be best to get it over with, she had a lot to say and ask. Maeve brought her hand to the doorknob, pulled the door open, and walked in.

The hall was dark and damp beside the torches lighting the path to Eren. She stopped once she reached Eren's cell where he sat against a wall on a stone bench.

He didn't look up to acknowledge her and that only made her angrier. "What did you say to Hange?" Maeve spat out. Eren remained silent, still staring at the ground. "Fine, don't speak." She rolled her eyes.

She couldn't understand why he was always so angry at her now, had she made the wrong choice by not telling anyone?

"Armin's worried, he thinks you're not on our side anymore." She balled her fists at her sides. "I don't need to worry about that." He scoffed as if Armin was the last person he was worried about.

Maeve knew that wasn't true, it must've hurt him to know that Armin was losing faith in him. The same boy that would've done anything for him was now questioning their friendship.

"He's your best friend," Maeve said. "I don't have time for friends,'' Eren said coldly. She couldn't believe him, he was so dramatic.

"How did you know?" Maeve changed the subject by asking about the apology he had written her. If he hadn't known then why would he waste time sending her a letter than only said "I'm sorry,"

"Don't go silent now, what else do you know?" She grew angry that he was only going to speak about what he wanted, not what benefited her. He owed her that at least.