023

⊱ ────── {⋅

────── {. .} ──────

"MAEVE?" SHE TURNED TOWARDS THE VOICE FROM UP ON THE ROOF. It was Jean so she quickly anchored her hooks into the roof and flew up.

"What are you doing here?" He looked down at her uniform. He noticed that she was wearing the same uniform as the Yeagerists. The Yeagerists relied on the new uniform considering that there were gun holsters. It seemed like was a lot that he missed in such a small time frame.

"I'm a Yeagerist now, as the new look?" Maeve pointed towards herself.

"What are you talking about?" Jean furrowed his eyebrows. Upon the other roof stood the rest of the gang, trying to make their way over. It was difficult to advance with all the Marleyan soldiers shooting.

"Forget it, I only did it to stop Eren." Maeve patted his chest. She walked away from him and looked ahead, trying to spot where Eren and Porco had gone.

"Great, how am I supposed to stop that." Maeve pointed at him.

Jean walked over and looked at where her finger was facing. Eren was tossing around Porco, using the Warhammer power to his advantage.

"You're not going anywhere near them." Jean pulled her shoulder back.

The chances of her managing to even get near them were slim to nothing. She'd be dead just trying to get over there. Even if she managed to reach him, how would she speak to him?

Jean was right, she turned towards him to apologize for pushing his hand off when he pulled her back. A bullet went straight through her shoulder sending her tumbling into Jean's arms.

Without thinking he pulled her down onto the roof, covering her body with his. The bullets continued to fly towards them on the roof.

"Get off," She cried from underneath him.

He was stupid for trying to save her before himself. She tried her best to shove him off of her body but her right arm was too weak to lift him off. Armin swooped down and shot the man, killing him. He fell off the roof and landed on the floor.

Jean rolled off of her, laying his back against the roof. "Are you okay?" Armin asked them both. Connie rushed over to help Maeve back up to her feet. Jean slowly followed after, getting back up by himself.

"Yeah, it's just a little scratch." Maeve reached up touching the wound. She winced slightly but forced a smile to try and convince them it didn't bother her. Armin reached forward checking her wound. He was careful to not touch it but he inspected it well.

"There's an exit site, as long as we stop the bleeding you should be fine." He mumbled. "Well, aren't I lucky?" Maeve said sarcastically. Mikasa looked at her, she gave her a stern mother look. She knew it meant for her to shut up and take this seriously.