026

⊱ ────── {⋅

────── {. .} ──────

ZEKE FLEW BACK AWAY FROM EREN LANDING IN THE SAND. "You haven't gotten to the part where I eat our old man yet." Eren spat at Zeke. He crawled away from Eren, scared at what he had just seen.

Maeve looked down at her ankle, still shackled to the ground. "You were the one who pushed dad to fight the King of the walls and the world?" Zeke's voice was shaky.

Zeke was beginning to piece it together. Everything that happened led up to Eren's influence. He was terrified at how it all played out and what would now come.

"You showed him something that is yet to happen." Zeke now understands the full power of the Attack Titan.

The last thing that Grisha had told Zeke was a warning about Eren. He had seen how horrible the future would get due to Eren's influence. "I'm grateful for you brother," Eren said.

"He told me that I won't get what I want, it'll go your way." Zeke stuttered.

"I saw it four years ago and what a sight it was." Eren's voice was voided by emotion. It sent shivers down her spine just hearing how cold and empty he sounded.

"Ymir our founder, take the ability to reproduce from every one of your subjects," Zeke yelled at her.

Maeve gasped, running forward but being yanked back by the chain. Eren was doing the same, trying to reach Ymir before she made it toward the light.

"Grisha told me something, he told me to stop you," Zeke whispered. Eren ignored him, pulling forward towards the founder.

"You must've not seen everything you didn't know you couldn't use the power of the founder here. You're just as powerless as ever." Zeke watched as Eren struggled to free himself.

Maeve bent down trying to pull off the chains. She screamed pulling her foot through. Breaking her bones trying to slip it out. At the same time, Eren was on the other side doing the same.

It was a race to Ymir, stopping her from following Zeke's plan but also stopping Eren. Genocide was wrong, it would always be wrong.

Eren screamed feeling his thumbs detach from his hands, he was free.

"Ymir," Maeve screamed out desperately.

She was sure that was the loudest she had ever screamed before. It was worth the try. Ymir paused for a second, diverging from the task.