022

⊱ ────── {⋅

────── {. .} ──────

NOW THAT SHE WAS TRAPPED IN A ROOM FILLED WITH EVERYONE ELSE WHO HAD CONSUMED ZEKES SPINAL FLUID. It had finally dawned on her what this now meant. Falco leaned into her side, she wrapped her arm around his small body.

He snuggled as close as humanly possible to her. "Is he your brother?" Nile asked motioning towards Falco. Maeve shook her head. "He's like one," Maeve looked down at Falco and frowned.

She could handle accepting her fate but the line was drawn when it came to him. He was just a kid and it saddened her.

"I see," Nile sighed, he leaned his head onto his hand. "I heard you're lieutenant now, how's that?" Nile asked. Maeve sighed and looked down at Falco. He didn't speak but he listened closely to their conversation.

"Didn't last long so I can't say." Maeve shrugged her shoulders. "I say you'd make a fine lieutenant had we been given better circumstances." Nile took a swig from his bottle. He offered some to Maeve but she kindly declined his offer. "Suit yourself." He said before taking another.

"Are you okay?" Maeve asked Falco. "Yeah," He frowned as he wiped his eyes. It was obvious that he was tired but there had been no time for him to get any rest. "You can take a nap, we don't know how long we'll be here for," Maeve whispered.

He nodded his head, not hesitating to lean his head on her lap. He laid down sprawled out on the bench, his hands pulled to his chest.

"The kid trusts you," Nile said pointing out how quickly he listened to her and made himself comfortable.

"I've been around him since he was little, same with Gabi." Maeve brushed back the hair from Falco's face. "Is Gabi the girl with the gun right?" Nile asked. She nodded her head before looking up.

It was a tough situation, not a day went by where she didn't think of Sasha. While she mourned her friend's death, she couldn't blame Gabi for it.

Maeve needed to give the blame to someone else when in reality it was Sasha to blame. It probably would've helped her feel better to put it on, Gabi.

Even as far as curing her desperation but in the end, it'd only be a temporary solution to the problem. Gabi was just a kid who had been brainwashed by an entire nation.

Unlike Falco who was brought up by Eldian Restorationists. Thinking about Marley made her stomach turn so she decided that she'd use whatever time she had left not dwelling on the past.

There were a lot of what-ifs and regrets that she'd die with but it was far too late to fix anything. Maeve leaned over, resting her head on the table with Falco still asleep.

Nile frowned as he watched her try to contain her silent sobs. She brought her hand up to her face, wiping away the tears.

Maeve muffled her cries with the back of her hand. Afraid anyone else in the room would notice her. It was filled with plenty of people, military police, and the garrison to be exact.