003

⊱ ────── {⋅

────── {. .} ──────

THE SMELL OF BURNT PRETZELS FILLED THE KITCHEN. She rushed over to the oven and quickly shut it off. "Please still be edible," Maeve whispered as she grabbed her mittens. She slowly opened the oven, and the black smoke escaped.

Maeve swatted at the air trying to clear it. She closed the oven quickly. "I guess you'll have to do," Maeve spoke to the only tray of good pretzels. The second batch failed miserably as she lost focus from cleaning. She took off her apron, throwing it onto the counter.

"Levi will kill me," Maeve mumbled as she grabbed the cooled-down tray of pretzels. "I'll clean this later," Maeve said referring to the mess she had made. Hopefully, no one would come across it before she does, or it wouldn't end well for her. She walked out of the kitchen holding the tray carefully as she made her way toward everyone. Once outside Maeve had no trouble spotting them. She rushed over with the tray of pretzels.

Sasha waved her hand as she watched Maeve walk over. "What are these?" Sasha grabbed the pretzel off of the metal tray.

"They're pretzels, it's bread just in a different form. Try it," Maeve ushered for Sasha to eat it. She wasted no time in showing it into her mouth and chewing. Sasha's eyes widened as she chewed on the soft dough.

She reached to the tray grabbing another. "I need to hand out the rest, I didn't make enough," Maeve told her. Sasha pouted, "Just one more,"

"You can have mine," Connie sighed. Sasha beamed and hugged Connie tightly. "You're the best," She smiled up at him. Connie playfully rolled his eyes.

Maeve turned towards Jean raising the tray for him to grab one. He grabbed the pretzel from the tray silently ripping off a piece and handing it to Connie.

"This tastes horrible," Connie looked at the dough between his fingers, inspecting it. Maeve's stomach dropped as she looked at his stare.

"I'm messing around, you should've seen the look on your face." Connie erupted in laughter. He held onto his stomach and doubled over trying to catch his breath. Jean thudded Connie's head with the back of his hand.

"Ow," He whined as he rubbed his head. "Ignore him, he's an idiot." Jean sighed. He bit into the pretzel as he spoke.

"I'm going to hand out the rest," Maeve tilted her head in the other direction. Sasha nodded her head as she continued to stuff her cheeks with the food.

Maeve walked over to Eren, Mikasa, and Armin. "Excuse me," Maeve said.

Eren looked up over at Maeve, followed by Armin and Mikasa. "I baked pretzels, I was wondering if you'd like to try them, they're just dough and salt." Maeve held out the tray. Armin nudged Mikasa to grab a pretzel.

She grabbed one and nodded her head, silently thanking you. Eren stared down at the pretzel before tearing off a piece with his teeth. "It's good," He mumbled before turning away. "I'm glad you guys like it," Maeve smiled before walking off.