아홉

"W-What is going on here?" She questions, tears scattering her cheeks.

"I-It's not what it looks-" Christian starts talking but I interrupt him.

"I kissed him, I didn't mean to it was just in the moment..." I say and walk away from the both of them.

Christian was ready to lie and say it's not what it looks like when really it was. I thought he was moving on from her...he can't have his cake and eat it too. That's not how it works, and I refuse to look stupid. After everything, I just went through, opened up to him. Trusting him and thinking he was going to be mine again. I'm done.

I walk back outside and to the car. Baile was talking to me but I wasn't listening. I just sat in the driver's seat until everyone slowly made their way back into the car. Evan sat in the passenger this time. While Nakia clung onto Christian in the backseat with Baile.

"We need to decide whether we are going through the route of Mississippi or Arkansas. If we go through Mississippi it'll be more populated cities like Dallas we have to go through." Evan says

"Who put you in charge? We go the route of the bigger cities. More options of supplies, gas, and places to rest." I instruct and Evan shakes his head.

"Bigger cities mean bigger dead population." He says while turning to look at me. I smirk at him and lean into him a little.

"Are you scared, Evan?" I question, I could feel Christians' eyes burning into the side of my face. He chuckles and leans closer to me.

"Hell no." He smirks back and flexes his arm muscles.

"Can we get a move on?" Baile questions from the backseat. I lean away and put the car in drive and we were headed towards Shreveport, Louisiana.

"I'm going, to be honest here, I don't want to travel with someone who kissed my boyfriend and has been nothing but rude to me." Nakia blurts and I roll my eyes.

I've done more than kiss your boyfriend, sweetie. That is what I wanted to say but I'd rather save that shot for another day.

"WHAT?!" Evan and Baile question in unison.

"It was a mistake, won't ever happen again. But if you feel uncomfortable you're more than welcome to get the fuck out of the car." I say and I could feel her rolling her eyes at my statement.

"I'm going to miss that safe house, it was so nice!" Baile cuts in trying to change the conversation.

"It was, whoever is in charge of all this. They clearly have money." Evan adds

"The CDC and the government. They caused all this because of a fucked up experiment gone wrong." I answer

"So the conspiracy theories were true." Baile says

I couldn't help but notice how quiet Christian was. Maybe he knew I didn't want to hear his voice right now. I strongly disliked him and I'm sure he could feel it.

Shreveport, Louisiana
Population: Unknown
Braylyn's POV

"We can stop here for the night." I say pulling into the parking lot, of a Target. I pull around to the back and get out to stretch my limbs.