2451-2460

Chapter 2451 - Western Continent's Situation "Establish a city?"

Shi Feng's request stunned Adolf for a moment. He even wondered if this Guild Leader was pulling his leg.

If Yan Xiaoqian had heard Shi Feng, she would assume the Swordsman had either lost his mind, or he was dreaming.

As on the eastern continent, players could establish Guild Towns and Cities in the west, but because of a few differences, there were far fewer Guild Towns and Cities on the western continent.

One difference was the fact that the various NPC kingdoms and empires left the management of almost all of their towns and cities to the Adventurer's Association, which, in turn, entrusted matters of security to the various Guilds in the form of quests. This forced the various Guilds to invest tons of manpower in the NPC towns and cities' management, ensuring their authority. Hence, the western continent's various powers severely lacked manpower, and very few were capable of establishing Guild Towns or Cities of their own.

There was another major difference that contributed to the various powers' unwillingness to establish Guild Towns and Cities.

The Demonic Creature armies!

The invading Demonic Creatures' attacks weren't limited to towns and cities within a country's borders. Occasionally, they would also besiege towns and cities deep within kingdoms and empires. Regardless of where the various powers established their Guild Towns or Cities, they'd still have to deal with the Demonic Creatures' invasion.

These Demonic Creature armies weren't like the monster sieges on the eastern continent. They operated like kingdoms and empires' well-trained NPC armies. They could even use war weapons against towns and cities.

Meanwhile, Guild Towns and Cities didn't have the support of a large number of NPCs like NPC towns and cities. Guilds would have to hire a limited number of NPC soldiers and rely on their own members to stop these Demonic Creatures. It was easy to imagine how much manpower would be necessary to protect a Guild Town or City.

This was why so few powers had established their own Guild Town or City on the western continent, and those that managed the feat were undoubtedly powerful. At the very least, a power would need to be on par with a first-rate Guild to maintain a single Guild Town or City. Only those that ranked among the top of first-rate Guild could maintain two Guild Towns or Cities. It'd be no exaggeration to call them pseudo-superpowers.

And yet, Shi Feng wanted Divine Tribe to help him establish a Guild City on the western continent. If he were asking this of any other superpower's upper echelon, they'd likely throw him out the door.

This wasn't a partnership; it was daylight robbery!

"Guild Leader Black Flame, are you aware of the situation on the western continent? Establishing a Guild City here is even more difficult than you imagine. Even now, Divine Tribe only has the power to maintain five Guild Towns and Cities," Adolf explained after taking a moment to calm himself.

Constructing a Guild City on the western continent wasn't difficult, but protecting it was. No ordinary power could afford the amount of manpower and resources it would require.

Zero Wing only had 10 players on the western continent right now. Even if Shi Feng were heaven-defyingly strong, he couldn't defeat an entire army of Demonic Creatures by himself. It would be up to Divine Tribe to dispatch a player army to protect Zero Wing's city, and in doing so, Divine Tribe would likely have to invest more in the endeavor than it would gain from its alliance with Zero Wing. Zero Wing was only a pseudo-superpower in the east right now; it didn't have much influence, and it could only secure a limited amount of resources.