2691-2700

Chapter 2691: Breaking Through the Limit
The gravitational force here is almost the same as what I felt when those Infant Black Dragons appeared. If I continue digging downward, those Dragons will most likely notice my presence. After killing another Outer Path Guardian, Shi Feng poked his head out of the platform he had carved for himself to look at the bottomless abyss.

After nine days of arduous effort, he had finally reached the altitude where he first came into contact with the Infant Black Dragons.

Although the Infant Black Dragons were only Tier 3 Great Lords, they were existences that no individual Tier 3 player could hope to go up against. Not to mention, there were three Infant Black Dragons moving together here.

Currently, the best way for him to complete his Tier 4 Promotion was through killing more Outer Path Guardians and steadily accumulating his Legacy Power to 85% Completion Rate. Then, he could activate his Tier 4 Legacy.

However, as he carved his way down the cliff, the frequency of the Outer Path Guardians’ appearance decreased. In fact, the Guardian he had just killed took him nearly an hour to spawn.

At this rate, he would most likely enter the three Infant Black Dragons’ perception range by the time he could spawn the next Outer Path Guardian. In that case, he would have to fight the Outer Path Guardian while simultaneously dealing with the three Dragons’ attacks.

Sure enough, the Main God System won’t let players enjoy such an easy promotion. In the end, I still have to obtain one of those Legacy Fragments. Shi Feng could not help a sigh as he looked at his Legacy Power Points.

With his current standards, so long as he activated a Berserk Skill, swiftly killing an Outer Path Guardian while dealing with the attacks of the three Infant Black Dragons should be possible. However, he was still short of three Guardian kills to reach the minimum 85% Completion Rate.

Even though he had multiple Berserk Skills, the likelihood of him being able to spawn and kill three Outer Path Guardians during the limited duration of his Berserk Skills was extremely low. After all, the last Outer Path Guardian had taken him nearly an hour to spawn. At best, he would be able to kill one Guardian after getting discovered by the Infant Dragons. As for the remaining two Outer Path Guardians, he could forget about them because no matter how he looked at it, coping with the Infant Dragons’ attacks for two or three hours while he continued carving the cliff was simply impossible.

This left him with only one option to complete his Promotion Quest: obtaining a Legacy Fragment.

While Legacy Fragments didn’t carry equal amounts of Legacy Power, each contained at least ten points to as much as 40 points. With his current Legacy Power Points, he needed only one Legacy Fragment to meet the minimum requirement to activate his Tier 4 Legacy.

Although the Completion Rate of one’s Tier 4 Legacy would somewhat influence the success rate of the Tier 4 Promotion Quest, it wasn’t absolute.

Legacy Power only allowed players to activate their Tier 4 Legacy. The more Legacy Power players managed to collect, the larger the portion of their Tier 4 Legacy they could activate. However, after activating and unraveling the secrets of their Tier 4 Legacy, players needed to learn the unraveled knowledge in order to complete their Tier 4 Promotion Quest. Clearing this portion of their Promotion Quest depended entirely on their own capabilities. The amount of Legacy Power they accumulated before had no bearing on this part of the quest. And if players failed to learn an adequate amount of knowledge from their Legacy within the stipulated time, they would still fail their Tier 4 Promotion Quest.

In the past, the main reason why most Tier 3 experts failed to reach Tier 4 was precisely this second portion, not the failure to acquire a sufficient amount of Legacy Power.