Girl Meets Hurricane

<<<<<< >>>>>>

Topanga's Bakery

Topanga's Bakery

Ashlynn and Aiden smiled as they stood at the counter with Topanga and Katy, watching the interaction between Maya and Shawn. The two teens were happy that Maya would have a father figure in her life. "The sound of my daughter's laughter has always been my favourite song," Katy told the small group as she watched Maya laugh along with Shawn. Topanga smiled as her eyes went to her daughter and husband. "You and I have the same taste in music." Ashlynn was shaking with silent laughter as she leant against her boyfriend. The boy nudged her before laughing as well. They both snorted when Riley did a weird head movement, trying to get a message across to Shawn.

"You know, this is usually the part of the evening when people give out fatherly advice," Riley told the man while Ashlynn fell into another fit of laughter. "Shawn? That Shawn? Shawn Hunter giving fatherly advice?" Ashlynn couldn't breathe from laughing so much. "The only fatherly advice he has given someone is to Josh and me when we were at the park." Shawn turned in his seat to give her a pointed look. "What did you two want to do, though?" She mumbled something. "What?" Aiden chuckled. "We wanted a pet duck." "Then what happened, hmm?" Ashlynn smiled awkwardly. "We went back later that night and took a duckling home." Aiden turned to her in shock. "You what?" Ashlynn was looking straight ahead, shaking her head. Shawn gave the boy a look. "That's why everyone knows the Matthews' twins as 'The Trouble Twins'."

Maya turned to the older teen. "What happened to the duck?" Ashlynn smiled. "We had him a week before we got caught by Shawn." Shawn looked at her with wide eyes. "Don't finish the story!" "Finish the story." Maya shared a smirk with Aiden. Ashlynn smiled as she leaned forward. "He got attacked by the duck." The two girls started laughing. "I still have the picture! You want to see it?" The blonde nodded before they went into another round of laughter. Once their laughter stopped, the blonde turned to face the man.

"Go ahead. What advice have you got for me? I can take it." Shawn chuckled awkwardly. "Oh, come on!" He stood up from his seat as the two teens stared, amused. "We were having such a good evening. Can't we leave it at that?" "What's the matter?" Maya chuckled as she playfully punched the man. "Boom!" "Oh!" He backed away. "You don't think I can take it? Go ahead." Another punch. "Ping! Go ahead." One more punch as he backed up. "Pong!" She hit him once more. "Kablam!" She hit him one more time. "Come on! Let's do this! Tell me to do my homework. Maybe I will do it. You don't even know it. Come on! Let's do this."