Girl Meets Truth

<<<<<< >>>>>>

John Quincy Adams Middle School

Ashlynn and Aiden sat in the auditorium beside Maya, watching Lucas, Farkle and Riley acting in Romeo and Juliet. Corey had permitted the older teens the day off to come to support their niece and brother. Then they could both sit in his class for the rest of the day.

They watched as Lucas walked on to the stage and moved towards Riley, who was 'dead'. "Eyes, look your last. Arms, take your last embrace. And, lips, oh, you the doors of breath, seal with a righteous kiss." He bent down to place a kiss on the girl's lips when suddenly Farkle jumped from his place on stage to where Lucas was.

Aiden looked down at Ashlynn, amused when she had to bury her head into his chest since his arm was around her shoulders to try and hide her giggles. He buried his head in her hair to hide his laughter. Ashlynn grabbed his hand and intertwined their fingers. Maya looked at the two teens before shaking her head, chuckling.

"Back off!" Farkle came out from the side of the stage. Lucas looked towards Farkle, confused. "What meanest thou?" Lucas asked, trying not to break out of character. "Spear carrier...who havest no lines." Farkle pointed his spear towards him. "You tried to kiss my woman, this I cannot allow. Prepare to die!" Farkle exclaimed as Lucas looked confused.

Aiden smirked, leaning down to whisper in Ashlynn's ear. "I'm so glad we agreed to come to watch this play." His smirk grew when this caused a shiver to run down her spine and bring a pink tinge to her cheeks.

"Farkle, what are you doing? It's 'Romeo and Juliet'." Lucas sighed before breaking character. "Well, now it's 'Romeo and Juliet and Farkle'," Farkle explained to him. "I play Farkle." "Dude, I'm supposed to kiss the girl," Lucas told him. "Shakespeare said." Farkle turned to the audience. "Who thinks the spear-carrier should finally get to kiss Juliet?!"

The whole audience cheered and clapped. Maya stood up and called out. "Yeah, you kiss that girl, you crazy spear carrier." Farkle pointed at the blonde. "Hark! You cometh here and getteth kissed too," The audience cheered louder. Maya laughed before walking onto the stage with a smile and laying down beside Riley.