Girl Meets Forgiveness Project

<<<<<< >>>>>>

Matthew Residence

Matthew Residence

Topanga slowly walked into her sister-in-law's room after hearing her scream in frustration and throwing about things. "Ash? What's wrong?" Topanga grew worried about the distressed look on the young girl's face and the teary eyes. "I can't find my promise ring!" Ashlynn answered while still looking for the ring while trashing her room in the process. 

Topanga grabbed the girl by her shoulders and gently led her to the bed. She knew she had to act soon as the girl could get stressed about minor things. "Where was the last place you saw it, sweetie?" "In my jewellery box," The girl pointed to the glass box on her bedside table. "I put it in there because I went to the Friar's house to help Lucas and Zay surprise their mothers with cupcakes." Ashlynn sighed, putting her head in her hands. "I should've brought it with me." 

Topanga looked at her daughter's door, a bit suspicious, knowing she had a habit of taking her aunt's things without asking. "I'm sure it's here somewhere. Why don't you check the rest of the house, and I'll ask Cory before helping you?" Ashlynn nodded before quickly leaving the room, passing her gapping brother. 

"Topanga? Did a bomb go off in my sister's room?" Cory asked as calmly and sweetly as he could. Topanga looked up at her husband and shook her head. "She can't find her promise ring. I have a feeling Riley had it. But I don't want to assume anything." Cory sighed. "I do too. But I know if she did, Ashlyn is going to blow. She's kept so many emotions inside that this could make everything appear at once." The husband and wife shared a concerned look before going to help the distressed girl.

<<<<<< >>>>>>

Matthew Residence

Ashlynn quickly turned to face her niece and best friend when they announced they were back. "Have you two seen my promise ring!?" Riley tilted her head to the side. "The shiny one you've been wearing since your anniversary?" Quickly nodding, Ashlynn shouted in distress, still looking for it. "Yes!" Riley looked down, playing with her fingers and answered in an unsure tone. "I lost it?" 

Ashlynn slowly turned to her niece with a frustrated look on her face. "What do you mean by you lost it?" Riley smiled as she explained what had happened, thinking nothing of it. "Well, Maya and I needed jewellery to go with our outfits. So we went to your room to see if you had any and I saw the ring and took it. Before we left the house, it was just gone." Ashlynn was slightly shaking in rage. "Riley!" 

Everyone jumped at the loudness of her room. "I won't keep telling you to stay out of my room! To stop taking my things without asking first! I won't tell you again!" Cory cautiously put his hand on his sister's shoulder. "Ash, calm down." "No, Cory! I won't! I am sick of her-" Ash pointed to a teary Riley. "-thinking she can go into my room! And take things without permission! I am putting my foot down."