31|| Who doesn't want a bad boy?

I laughed as Macy rolled her eyes, telling me about her sister's last prank. Sometimes I swear that Raven went out of her way just to mess with her.

"It's not that funny when you're the one living it."

"I bet." I zipped my bag and closed my locker, following her towards her on the other end of the hallway, carefully avoiding the passing students. "Have you ever thought about getting revenge?"

We halted by her locker and she gave me surprise look, baffled, before chuckling and pulling it open. "Wow. Didn't think you would be the one encouraging revenge."

I blushed, shrugging one shoulder as she pick her stuff. "Just saying. You're always complaining about her pranks. Maybe she needs  you to push back once."

"I wish it was that easy, but she's far more imaginative than I am."

"I'm sure Norah would be glad to help you plan something."

"She might, won't she?" Macy chuckled. "And her brain is messed up enough to be able to stand up to Raven."

"Right." I giggled. If anyone could stand up to Raven's imaginative ways of messing with Macy, for sure ti would be Norah. She might even do it gladly, enjoying the dare. "You should let her plot something. Might as well be entertaining to watch."

"I bet." but then her malicious, smug grin at the thought turned downwards a little and she eyes me differently. With a feeling I couldn't quite understand. "We should all hang out sometime."

"Sure."

"I mean it." she insisted and I pursed my brows, eying her as she sighed, closing the locker and tucking a strand of hair behind her ear. "It's just... ever since we're... together, or whatever, we haven't really hung out the three of us." she explained. True, this past weeks we hadn't really hung out the whole group at once. "I missed it."

"I miss it too."

"Then? You're always 'busy' and I know exams are near and there also the photo scholarship your working on, but... I mean, are we good?"

There was a strained edge in her voice that set me off, like unease, but why? "Of course we are."

"Because, I thought- I don't know... that maybe you were  uncomfortable? About us? About... I don't know, about anything."

"What?" my eyes widened. "No, no! Of course not! I just thought you were starting and would want to have some time to adjust? And also..." I felt the heat climbing up my neck and her dark eyes sparkled with interest.

"Also?"

I looked down at my hands fiddling with the strands of my backpack. "I don't like being the third wheel, okay?"

"What? You're not."

I scoffed. "Yes, I am. I was when you were just friends, and I'm pretty sure I would still be now that you barely can stay away from each other. I just... I thought I'll give you time and then we could go back to kinda being normal?"