34|| Speaking in riddles

"You really don't have to do that."

"I know." I check the author's name and the tag number and found its spot on the shelf.

We were currently in the lunch break. After a couple tries I'd finally found Connor in a hidden spot at the back of the library, in the same back corridor I'd seen him before. Apparently this was one of his secret spots to get away from the rest of the world, and it was isolated enough to feel like everyone else was far away. Not like many were here at the moment. And so when I found him here dozing off with a pile of book to be put away, I found myself doing the librarian's work for her.  

And Connor was mocking me for it.

"Do you have OCD by any chance?"

"No?" I blushed a little, glancing at him and even if he kept his eyes close I could tell he was aware of my every move. I put away the last book in my hands and moved to the little desk built into the back bookshelves where he was taking his nap. "I just don't have anything else to do and you're not exactly entertaining me."

His eyes blinked open lazily, but he didn't raise his head, eying me blankly as I stood beside the little desk and placed one hand on my hip and the other on top of another of the piles of misplaced books. "Entertaining you?"

"I mean as in talking to me. You just sat there and sleep off."

"I'm tired."

"Unsurprisingly."

His eyes closed again, but there was actually a little smirk tugging at his lips. "Maybe you should sleep over more often. Then I would have some proper rest."

I blushed deeply, my stomach fluttering at the reminder of what he said this weekend: that for some reason he sleep better when I was there.

To be honest, I too had some amazing sleep in his queen bed and there was something heartwarming of waking up in his arms. He wasn't half as up for cuddles when he was awake and it has to be me who practically throw myself at him all the time.

But last Saturday I woke up with his head on my stomach and his arms around me. And I loved it, just didn't feel confident enough to tell him or let him know I knew. So I'd played it sleep when he stirred awake and felt the coldness as he detached from me after long seconds where he remember who I was and how I got there. Because he wasn't at all into cuddles.

Not exactly a surprise, tho, if he wasn't that comfortable with basic human touch let alone getting cozy.

And to be honest, the fact that he just brought it up like that both surprised me and affected me in a way far deeper.

"Is that an invitation?" I teased, trying not to let my emotions take control and play it cool like him, but I wasn't as good playing this.

"You don't need an invitation for that."