Chapter 17.4

Chapter 17.4
I didn't see Caleb again until lunch. I hadn't realized how truly boring my classes were without him. I sat there and did nothing but homework, which is what I used to do before I knew Caleb. It was horrible. I swore the teachers were trying to put us to sleep. 
Caleb spotted us from the other end of the hallway, he waved and sprinted over to us. "Hey, Love."

I smiled at him. "What was the meeting about?"

Caleb held my hand, once again sending tingles through every spot he touched. "Someone spiked the water cooler with vodka and Coach wouldn't let us leave until someone 'fessed up to it."

I raised one eyebrow. "Please tell me it wasn't you."

He put one hand up to his heart. "Ouch, what do you take me for? And no Scarlett, I didn't do it," he chuckled.

Vikki muttered behind me, "Wow, I'm a third wheel."

I grabbed her arm and looped it with mine. "You'll never be a third wheel." I looked to Caleb. "We can make you the third wheel."

We took a seat at our usual lunch table. Caleb rested his hand on my thigh while we ate. The guys were too busy yelling at Jake to notice our presence. Evan was the first to notice us. He went to fill Caleb in on what was happening but stopped mid-sentence.

He stared at us, closely.

I watched as he dramatically yelled to get everyone's attention, acting like he had seen a ghost. The rest of the guys gave Evan their full attention. "Do you see that?" Evan exclaimed.

The guys looked around confused, before their eyes landed on Caleb and me. "Woah," Ethan breathed.

I stared up at them, my mouth stuffed with pasta.

"What?" Caleb asked for me.

"When did this happen?" Evan waved his finger around Caleb's hand, which rested on my thigh.

"No way! Since when are you two dating?" Ethan questioned.

"I thought you didn't date," Chase commented, sounding slightly annoyed.

What's that about?

"I'm not the only one!" Jake cheered.

I chuckled at Jake's comment. I'm sure it sucked being the only guy out of all of his friends who didn't play the field.

"How did you guys know?" I questioned. He only had his hand on my leg, the guy did stuff like that all the time.

"No guy puts his hand on a girl's thigh unless they're a couple. I do it to Eliza," Jake informed me.

I was not aware of this. I couldn't have been the only person who didn't know this fact. "So, when did you two start dating?" Ethan repeated. His lips puckered slightly, his one eyebrow raising. He looked ridiculous, to say the least.

"Last night," Caleb informed them.
Ethan's eyes lit up. He jumped in excitement. "Ha! Pay up," he demanded.

Jake, Evan, and Chase all sighed. They pulled out their wallets. I watched as each of them placed a crisp twenty-dollar bill in Ethan's hand. "You bet on us?" I gaped at them.

They all nodded. "You guys couldn't have waited just a little longer to get together," Evan whined.

"I thought you guys would never end up together," Chase mentioned.

"Neither did I," I heard a voice from behind me say.

I jumped, far too nervous to turn around. I knew exactly who it was. "Hi, Elie." I gave him a pathetic excuse for a smile.