Chapter one

Chapter one
So here I am balling my eyes out on my bed. I've got mascara streaming down my face, my eyes are red and puffy, I can't breathe, and it feels like my heart is physically breaking inside. I'm looking at sad crush quotes and if you didn't know by that clue this is all over a boy, a dumb, horrible, most caring and sweet and funny and lovely boy. A guy who I am absolutely infatuated with but will never like me back. He absolutely hates me, and it all started because of a stupid dare.

I should probably start by telling you the story, from the beginning.

It was a dark and stormy night, no just kidding it was actually a lovely day. The sun beamed down on us and there wasn't a single cloud. It was quite a shame. I adored the rain.

My bestie and I were walking into our school as we usually did. We had a routine for every morning. She picked me up, since I didn't have a car, and then we would head to school. We played our morning game while we walked around the courtyard. Our school was huge, the courtyard alone could probably fit my house inside it. It was a usual hang out spot for kids at our school. A few kids hung out in the front of the building, but it wasn't very peaceful. There was a highway right in front of our school.
A few years back our school wanted to become a private school, thanks to the highway though they weren't able to go through with it. That was the only good thing the highway caused. It was noisy and made sitting out front a pain. The courtyard blocked out most of the sound so pretty much everyone gathered there. "Truth or dare?" Victoria, my best friend, asked me. The michieve in her eyes was evident. Oh no.

Victoria and I have always been polar opposites. Victoria is adventurous and bold. I, on the other hand, like to do things the same everyday. I'm an extremely routine person, I would die without my planner. Schedules were my life.

Our friendship has a basic structure to it: she gets us into trouble, I get us out of trouble. It's as simple as that.
We've been best friends ever since first grade when we both sat in the very back seat of the bus. Now, if you've never ridden transportation for public school then you don't understand the major uproar this simple act would cause in the organization of it all. See, fifth graders are the only ones who get to sit in the back, they're like the seniors of elementary school. Although even as a freshman I could sit in the back of the bus.
Me and Victoria, being first graders, were definitely not supposed to be in the back. We, of course, didn't know this at the time. We probably should have noticed the many glares coming from the students around us. Emma Greensworth was not amused to find we had unknowingly taken her seat.

Emma Greensworth was about 4'11. I know this doesn't seem big, but remember we were first graders, a whopping 3'5. She looked like a giant. Emma immediately rushed over to our seat huffing, her face was blazing red, steam blowing out of her ears. Emma started cussing us out yelling at us to get out of her seat. The language that fifth grader knew was unbelievable. I was trembling in my seat, ready to start bawling my eyes out when victoria got up, opened her water bottle, and dumped it on Emma's head. Water splashed everywhere drenching Emma's white shirt revealing her bright pink polka dot bra. She was absolutely humiliated and ran off the bus with mascara streaming down her face.

I looked at Vikki in horror. The bus driver immediately went up to question Victoria and all Vikki had to say was, "I thought she was overheating,"

That was the most gutsy move I had ever seen someone pull. Instead of being impressed I was even more scared of Vikki than Emma. I quickly tried to get out of the seat to move to the next one, somewhere farther up in the bus. Thankfully Vikki wasn't gonna have it and yelled at me to sit back down. We've been best friends ever since.

Vikki is darker skinned and has curly black hair with lavender tips. I dyed it myself. She wears victoria contacts. She has fourteen piercings: lip, nose, belly button, and the rest were scattered on her ears. She still wanted more.