Chapter 2

Ivy looked up, and...

   Ivy felt she bumped into something cold, but yet breathing... and living. "Ouch" Ivy moaned. She looked up and saw Malfoy looking up at her.

   "What do you want?" Ivy asked. "Extra potions. What do you want?" Ivy never knew Malfoy had extra potions. Ivy replied, "Detention with Snape. See you later." 

   Ivy thought she saw Malfoy's face turn into a flash of surprise. She hurried off to Ravenclaw common room.

   "Let's trick him!" Cho yelled gleefully. Ivy, on the other hand, wasn't paying attention. "Trick who?" Ivy asked. "Draco! He obviously likes you!" Cho giggled. 

   Ivy didn't know how Cho knew, and didn't bother to ask her. But, she was interest in tricking Malfoy. "What's the plan?" Ivy asked Cho and Luna. "Well," Cho explained, "Trick date him. Then embarrass him!"

   "No way. No, no, no. Cedric's my boyfriend!" Ivy said in a hard tone. "Please, Ivy. Tell Cedric it's just a trick!" "Fine. But if I get in trouble, it's your fault." Ivy said, defeated. "Oh no." Cho said as she checked her watch. "I better go, bye Ivy!" "Bye." Ivy answered.

   I might as well go for a walk too. Ivy thought. I mean, Draco looks pretty hot. But I don't know about his temper... Ivy stepped down the stone stairs and let out a breath of fresh air. "Hey!" Ivy heard Cho talking to someone... But who?

   Ivy took a peek beside a bush. And there was Cho, standing with... Cedric. Her boyfriend, hanging out with other girls! Ivy irrupted from anger, she wanted to punch Cedric so hard... She leapt out the bush, then yelled at Cedric: "You traitor! Hanging out with girls behind my back, you think I wouldn't see, right? You're just a looser, I'll dump you and find a much more loyal boyfriend!"

   Cedric stood, motionless. "I'm sorry..." He said. But Ivy had enough. She stormed up the staircases and got ready for Transfiguration. 

   The news of Ivy dumping Cedric spread like a wild fire. Now girls were crowding Cedric again, and Malfoy looked more pleased then ever. Oh well, Ivy thought, Seamus seems okay. Too bad he already has a girlfriend... 

   What Ivy remembered the most was bumping into Malfoy in Snape's dungeon. He almost felt... soft. He smelled good too, like apple and shampoo. Ivy shook the thought out of her mind, it was ridiculous. Malfoy hit Cedric for no reason!

   Back in the Ravenclaw common room, Cho was repeating apologies to Ivy. Ivy didn't blame her, so she changed the subject.

   "I think... I think I have a little crush on Malfoy." Ivy said quietly. "What?" Cho asked her, mildly in surprise. "Draco Malfoy. The boy I bumped into." "Oh..." Cho answered. "Well, better go to potions." Cho reminded her.

   Another detention. With Snape, for talking out loud about her ideas. And that night, she went outside and sat on the stairs. I can't risk detention again! Ivy thought. I'll be kicked out of the Ravenclaw quidditch team! Ivy already missed practice from last detention.

   Ivy was getting cold. Just when she was about to leave, she heard a cold, unmistakable voice behind her. "What are you doing here?" Malfoy growled. "I can't sleep." Ivy answered, gritting her teeth. " So. Detention with Snape, eh?" 

   "I can't do detention! I'll miss quidditch practice again!" Ivy said, slightly yelling. She had no idea why she was saying this to Malfoy. Malfoy also looked slightly surprised on his pale face. Now closely looking at him, he looked starved and didn't sleep well.

   "You look sick. Are you okay?" Ivy asked Malfoy. "Why do you care?" Malfoy asked as he turned away. Malfoy suddenly grinned. "You want to miss detention, huh? I can do that for you." "Really?" Ivy answered. 

   "Yeah I can. And don't ask how, me and Snape have own matters between us and he won't mind to spare a little Ravenclaw girl." Malfoy said, still grinning. "But," Malfoy continued, "You must do me a favor."

   Ivy felt her heart leap, she wasn't going to do detention! But, she thought, I still must do a favor for Malfoy...