Chapter 4

With trembling hands, Ivy...

Get grip, Ivy thought to herself. Just read it. 

   "Draco Malfoy" Ivy said out loud, and several people quietly gasped. "Good partner, Miss Brown." Snape smirked.

   "Please sit by him." Snape told Ivy. Ivy caught a glimpse of Malfoy, who was smiling in a smirking way too.

   "Shut that stupid smile, Malfoy." Ivy barked at Malfoy quietly, so Snape didn't hear. Malfoy's smile only widened more, letting out a bark of laughter.

   Malfoy put his hand into his hair, making him look more sexy. He turned away to look at Pansy, who looked like she was in tears of jealousy. 

   He's pretty handsome. Also cool too. Ivy dreamed. "No, no, no, no." Ivy muttered out loud, just enough to attract Malfoy's attention.

   "What, having a bad dream?" Malfoy continued smirking. Ivy turned away, trying hard to keep the annoyed expression on her face. "None of your business, Malfoy." Ivy said.

   "Too bad for you, it's my business if my partner is yelping no in class." Draco sneered. Ivy let out a long breath, and said: "Well, it's my mouth you don't control. Now stop playing like a little kid, and stop wearing that smirk on your stupid face like you're about to get a new toy or something! I'm sick and tired of that!"

   Malfoy turned away, shooting a look of pure hate to Ivy. Ivy, for a split second, regretted what she said. Those cold blue eyes pierced her like a dagger.

   "Hm... Perhaps Miss Brown need a lesson about kindness?" came Snape's voice from nowhere. "Wha- no, sorry, sir." 

   Ivy just realized she was facing her back at Malfoy, her nose lift in the air an her arms crossed with a mean expression on her face.

   Malfoy snickered. Ivy had a feeling from her gut that she wanted to punch Malfoy right in the face, but the other side of her admired his movements and the way he smirked...

      Potions felt like it went on forever. Finally, Snape dismissed them, and Ivy just realized what happened.

   She had a little crush on Malfoy, no matter how mean he was. Her, Ivy Brown, had a crush on Malfoy. 

   For the rest of class, Ivy let her feelings out. She tried to look cute and innocent, but just ended up almost falling out of her chair.

   She tried to answer questions right, but just ended up pronouncing it the wrong way and made the whole class laugh.

   Finally, she gave up at Herbology. You can't impress Draco, he's more of the Pansy type. Ivy reassured herself. "Hey!" came the drawling voice of Draco.

   "What do you want?" Ivy said, trying to look angry. "Just wanted a word about our potions project." Draco laughed.

   "So," Ivy muttered, "Now what do you have to say?" Draco replied, " A book Snape gave me. Extra copy I don't need, you can have it." Draco reached for his bag and pulled out a blue book.

    Draco gave the book to Ivy, who was almost melting like a ice cub in the sun. His hand touched me. His hand touched me. Ivy kept on thinking.