Chapter 3

Ivy felt her heart leap, she wasn't going to do detention! But, she thought, I still must do a favor for Malfoy...

   "But," Malfoy grinned, "We might want to do this favor tomorrow". "My detention's tomorrow!" Ivy replied. "Exactly. I'll postpone the detention, don't tell me how." Ivy shut her mouth.

   "I'm going to sleep." Ivy muttered, and pushed Malfoy out of the way. "See you..." Malfoy said, still holding the grin.

   Ivy tossed and turned that night. She woke up groggy again, and Cho woke her up by screaming into her ear. "Don't do that next time..." Ivy told Cho as she walked to breakfast.

   "I did some more gentler ways but you wouldn't get up." Cho laughed. Ivy settled down the Ravenclaw table and tried to avoid Cedric's stares.

   After breakfast, Professor Dumbledore announced there will be a partner homework during the holidays. "Go to Snape's classroom after you are done with breakfast!" Dumbledore finished.

   Ivy sat up and went toward Snape's dungeon, her mood dropped down more. When she entered the classroom, two Gryffindor girls and a Hufflepuff boy were there. A few group of Slytherins, too. Draco Malfoy was standing in the middle of the group, smirking like crazy.

   Ivy gave a unhappy grunt and settled herself next on an empty chair, and Luna arrived. She sat next to Ivy and asked her, "Who do you think you'll get?" Ivy thought an moment, and answered: "Don't know. Let fate decide."

   Luna ignored the grumpy tone of her voice and continued, "I want to get a Ravenclaw boy or girl. Not those mean ones, though..." Ivy wasn't paying attention anymore.

   Ivy focused on Malfoy as he pushed through the crowed and sat next to Zabini. They were in deep conservation until Snape walked into the classroom.

   The buzz died down, and Snape carried a large pot. Ivy took a little peek, standing out of her chair. Inside were little pieces of paper.

  "Perhaps Ivy would like to go first? Are you so excited you can't sit in your chair?" Snape smirked. A couple of Slytherins laughed, and Malfoy smiled. "N-no, sir." Ivy shuddered. 

   Snape swept passed her and called a name. "Luna Lovegood, please choose your piece of paper." Luna stood up and walked to the pot, and closed her eyes.

   Luna's hand grabbed a piece of paper and lift it up. "Read it, please." Snape told Luna. "My partner," Luna answered, "Is Hermione Granger." 

   A couple of jealous gasps ran through the crowd. Granger, Ivy thought, Not bad. After a while, Cho got paired with Cedric, and Ivy snorted. Harry got paired with Ron, which Ivy thought was really lucky.

   "Ivy Brown" Snape called. With trembling hands, Ivy reached into the pot.

   There were a lot of paper in there. Choose the smallest one, Ivy thought. Her hands agreed and started searching for the small one.

   Here it is! Ivy thought, and pulled out a tiny scraped of paper. "Please read it." Snape said in a little excited voice. Ivy looked at the paper...

   Her worst dream came true. She felt cold water rush into her again, almost choking out the words. She stood there frozen, and quietly asked Snape: "Can you change partners?"

   Snape looked glad and happy when he looked at the paper. "Can't do it again!" Snape said, "Now read it."

With trembling hands again, Ivy...