Chapter 14: Downfalls End

The hours seemed to blend together as the day dragged on. Laito had been smart enough as to grab a pack of cookies as his "apology" to Taito, who had immediately placed himself back into the vampire's lap and informed him he had "made it up".   Beyond that, the day had simply been boring. River wasn't making a scene and Yui hadn't done anything egregiously stupid.

It was peaceful. What a lovely way to end a week. As the sun rose and the vampires went to sleep only one person remained awake.

●●●●● Yuuto's Pov ●●●●●

The sound of soft footsteps filled the hallway. The small, purple haired boy making his way slowly to each of his brothers bedrooms. Occasional stopping and pressing his ear against the door before moving on to the next door.

Despite how peaceful the day was, Yuuto couldn't help but feel restless. Pacing in his room hadn't been enough to calm him down. Setting up his sewing machine hadn't been enough to calm him down. He even tried just laying in bed and that didn't calm him down! So here he was doing his rounds like he used to at the church.

He peaked his head into his twin's room, relaxing as he still found the other in his bed before slowly walking back towards Ocean's room.  The sun had been up for some time now and Yuuto was sure if he looked at the clock it would say that it was late afternoon.

Just a few more hours and he could relax. He vaguely knew why he was so restless and sighed softly. They would be telling their other toy today. He doubted they would have any issues but he could never be too sure. This toy was unpredictable and unpredictable toys were either the best or worst ones. He had a feeling this toy would be good though. He had his Teddy after all. And he loved sweets.. he wondered if he could make the toy bake with him after.

He was startled from his thoughts by the sound of a door opening. Further down the hall a figure walked out of their room.

"Oh? I didn't expect anyone from your family to be up so early. I do hope you aren't snooping around or causing trouble." Spoke the stoic voice of Reiji.

Yuuto simply paused and tilted his head. "Why are you up? The sun is still up..." He asked, not feeling the need to answer the older man's questions.

Reiji's eyebrows furrowed. "It's 7 P.M. I must start breakfast. How long have you been up?" The vampire asked with a frown.

Rose-pink eyes widened in surprise at the time. Had he been so wrapped up in his thoughts and rounds that hours had gone by? Apparently so.

"Just a few hours. I will be down later for breakfast. Do make sure you don't wake my brothers at this hour." Yuuto murmured before turning around and walking towards his room.

Once he closed the door he let out a breath and immediately walked over and flopped onto his bed. I suppose I will just wait until Taito wakes up so we can discuss our plan. With that thought in his mind he let his mind wander off again, playing out different scenarios of his toy's reaction until the sun finally set and his room became dark.

●●●●●●

There was many things that Yuuto had planned to do today. Bake with Kanato, continue knitting that scarf he started, claim Kanato as his Eternal Toy, organize his plushie collection again, scare Yui,  a lot of very important things! Falling asleep had not been a part of the plan. Actually falling asleep wasn't even an option to begin with so when he felt himself being coaxed awake from the sweet embrace of darkness Yuuto was a bit surprised.

He bolted up with a gasp and his eyes frantically looked around the purple room until he saw Taito looking down at him with a frown.

"How long was I out?" He rasped out, running a hand through his own hair.