Chapter 19: Golden Fate II

The sound of the bell ringing filled the silent room, smoke escaping from a frowning mouth and scattering desperately into the air.

"I suppose you wouldn't happen to want to actually go to class. You're losing sleep, my sleepy star." Ocean murmured, watching the smoke fade as the sound of faint chatter could be heard outside the room.

Shu simply huffed out a chuckle. "If I did, that girl would only make me lose more sleep." He replied with a glint of amusement in his eyes.

It was worth a shot.

Teal eyes shut as Ocean sighed and resigned himself to his fate.

"The twins would have to be next.." His quiet voice once again filled the selfish air, beginning to weave a story with his words once again.

●●●●● 9 Years Earlier ●●●●●

"River stop teasing Yuuto and come on! You'll be late if you keep this up!" Ordered the young voice of Ocean. Both River and Yuuto froze and suddenly the younger boy was pouting and crossing his arms.

"Ri-chan started it! He cheated at his game!" The 8-year-old cried out, clearly upset. In an instant an identical boy was hugging him and frowning up at the blue-haired boy.

"Stop being mean to Yuu-tan! Toys shouldn't hurt Yuu-tan!" Taito mumbled out with a pout, childish anger in his eyes. River was looking at them in amusement, opening his mouth to taunt his younger brothers more but Ocean quickly cut in, the 13-year-old clearly not amused.

"We will be talking about this later. River, apologize and let's go. Don't you want to be a good brother and make sure your younger brothers get to school on time?" Ocean questioned, already knowing River would do anything to be a "cool big brother".

"Oh yeah! Yuuto, Taito, I'm really sorry! We can play the mermaid game when we get home later, kay?" River spoke quietly, as if he was nervous but that quickly faded away as the twins hugged him.

"It's okay Ri-chan!!! Taito says some toys take a while to learn their place!" The younger twin chirped and Taito smiled before making his way over to their older brother.

Taking the twins in had certainly been harder than the 13-year-old had been prepared for. Money was always tight now, not that he'd ever let his brothers know of such things. Getting them prepared for and enrolled in school had been a hassle in itself. The amount of fake signatures he had done and paperwork made his hands ache everytime he thought about it. Still, it had been worth it.

"Taito stop dissing me through your link!"

River's voice dragged him out of his thoughts. Ah, that was another thing. The twins weren't exactly... human. They had explained that they could talk through their minds and at first Ocean had just assumed they meant they were so close they could practically read each other's minds but that wasn't the case. They had a link that seemed to connect their minds and souls.

"Everyone has their bags?" Ocean asked as he quickly made sure each boy had their shoes and jackets on. Recieving nods, the teen smiled and began to guide them out of the house.

"Now I'm gonna be in the other building today so if you guys need me, have the teacher call me, okay? I expect you all to be good." He spoke gently as they walked, making sure to mask all the worried thoughts going through his head.

He couldn't let his brothers know just how quickly everything could be ruined. No, he just needed to work harder and everything would be fine.

Soon enough the arrived to the elementary school building and Ocean walked them inside, his face softening as he looked at Taito and Yuuto's nervous faces.