Chapter 16: Malice's End

●●●●● Ocean's Pov ●●●●●

Akuma didn't cry. He got angry. He yelled and cursed. He would ignore his emotions. But he never cried. Hadn't cried since the first time Ocean had found the poor boy. So to see his youngest brother shedding tears had him panicking on the inside.

Yet on the outside he refused to let his calm mask slip. He couldn't afford too. Right now all of his brothers needed protection and he was the only one who would be able to protect them. That's how it had been since he was 13 and that's how it would be until he died.

"Kuma, look at me. Come on it's okay. It's just us. I won't let anyone else near you." He murmured, refusing to put the black-haired boy down as he sat on Yuuto's bed. He had rushed into the first room of theirs that he had seen, immediately locking the door once all of them had safely made it inside.

The younger teen slowly looked up and quickly his teary eyes scanned the room. His body seemed to relax as he truly only saw his brothers. "She's gonna do it again. She's gonna make them hurt us again." Akuma whispered, unable to stop his body from trembling.

Ocean frowned at this and felt a wave of anger and protectiveness wash over him again. "No. I won't let them. She can try all she wants but they'll have to kill me first before they ever even think of hurting any of you." He growled out, startling the twins and River.

Ocean rarely let anyone see him get angry so for him to get so worked up over this meant it must have had to have been true. Akuma sniffled and wiped his tears, slowly nodding and Ocean felt a little weight lift off of his chest.

"We will have a sleepover tonight. No one is leaving this room until sunlight hits. Yuuto, Taito, go grab some more blankets from the closet. River.. come here." The oldest spoke in that same gentle tone, holding his free arm open for River, who instantly dove in.

"We will be okay. I'm here, aren't I? If those vampires are scared by some ice then they aren't really that much to worry about." He whispered to the blue-haired boy, who just looked down with a frown and nodded.

The twins returned with way too many blankets and began to make a blanket fort out of all of them.

Somehow, Ocean could only think about how this exact situation had played out when they first got to the church.

He sighed softly as he held the two in his arms tighter. He didn't doubt that Yui was spilling every single lie the church had told her to the Sakamaki Brothers right now. He could only hope they wouldn't be so stupid as to fall into her trap.

Humanity was foolish for hating his brother's kind.

Yui had another thing coming if she thought he'd just forget about all the shit she's done. The Sakamaki's didn't see how cruel she truly was.

She was the one that turned the whole church against his family, after all.

●●●●● Yui's Pov ●●●●●

The human girl could only smile as she was showered in attention once more. Her plan had worked and now she had the attention of all six vampires!

"Explain what just happened, now." Reiji ordered in a firm tone, leaving no room for argument and who was Yui to deny him knowledge everyone should know.

"You saw it. The youngest Kaneko is a demon. He has horns and he has the power to control the fires of hell at his whim but I wasn't able to get him to show it!" She said with a smile.

Oddly enough, Kanato was the one to raise an eyebrow at that. "Teddy says it is very unlikely for him to control hellfire. Humans sure to love to exaggerate" He said in an almost annoyed tone.

"What about the other siblings. That ice..." Reiji trailed off, thinking about how River had seemed to turn the boiling water to ice in an instant.

"Father said Kaneko River was some sort of Water Spirit. I prefer Demon though. What you saw was only a little of what he can do with water. He's also the one that uses his power the most. I'm honestly surprised he hasn't used it sooner.." Yui informed, her proud smile growing into a thoughtful look.

"What about the twins and Ocean..." Laito asked, his face not giving away any of his thoughts much to Yui's displeasure. Usually by now people were shivering in fear!

"Well from what Father knew about the twins they seem to be good at hiding their powers. The ones I know of is that they have some sort of link connecting them. The two demons are able to communicate with each other with their minds and if they get thrown into one of their tantrums they become stronger than usual. Once Yuuto's nails apparently turned into claws when the Nuns pulled him out of class unexpectedly. Father said that because of their link they probably have more control over their powers when they are together." She explained, a look of disgust appearing briefly on her face as she spoke of them.

It was becoming obvious to the Sakamaki's that this girl hated the twins and Akuma the most.

"What about Ocean?" Shu finally spoke up, refusing to open his eyes and look at her.

"Oh! That's the thing. Out of all the brothers Ocean is the only human. I pity him. He fell into the demon's trap before the church could save him." She said with a rather sad face.

Reiji seemed to nod at this information and then looked at her. "Thank you. You can leave now."

The blonde human blinked at the abrupt order and looked at him in confusion. "W-What? But why?"

Ayato snorted from the corner of the room. "We've gotten the info. No one wants to see a pancake like you after the mess you caused tonight!"

The other brothers seemed to agree and Yui frowned, getting up and storming out of the room. Well at least she has their attention again.

●●●●●

As she left the vampires looked at each other.

"We all agree Bitch-chan was exaggerating way to much right? Her face looked like she just got off every time she talked about their powers~" Laito spoke up and gazed around the room, looks of disgust thrown his way but the others nodded. In his hand was the knife that had been left behind by Taito and Ocean.

"Hellfire... Hehe it's like humans will call anything demonic if it's magic. So idiotic, right Teddy?" Kanato giggled, a knowing look on his face.

"As exaggerated as they were she seemed to be telling the truth about the powers. I will make a note of this. For now we should give the brothers space. Tonight was eventful." Reiji spoke in a stoic tone and teleported away before he could see anyone agree.

Slowly the dining room emptied put and the maids were left to clean the mess.

One of them noticed how the ice on the ground wasn't melting before cleaning it up.

●●●●●●●●●●

Hello!!!

This chapter was a bit hard to write. Honestly I was torn between making the two halves separate chapters entirely but when I sat down to write them I couldn't think of enough to justify splitting them up.

Chapter 17 will be a bit of a cool down from all the secrets being exposed so look forward to it.

Also, I'd like you all to keep in mind that the events that normally happen to Yui are still happening in this story but because the Kaneko Brothers aren't interested in getting close to her (especially now), it hasn't been brought up at all besides Ocean hinting at it.

Once again let me know your thoughts in the comments! I love reading your feedback!

Thank you all and I hope you enjoyed this chapter!

~ KQ♡