029. FORGIVENESS IS A BEAUTIFUL THING

BLAIR Klein's laugher was a beautiful thing. It had this warmth, this comfort. This energy was brought to anyone within about a 20 foot radius. And right now, the person within the radius was none other than Victoria Monét.

Like the feeling a fireplace brought to the pained skin of someone cold on a harsh winters night, Blair's laughter was the remedy for Victoria when she felt down about something.

There was something about the two girls friendship that just worked. They just understood each other and their pain.

The girls' voice echoed throughout the almost empty living room which was stacked with cardboard moving boxes, as Blair had almost finished packing up her house.

Their laughter laced together rhythmically with the soft sounds of music in the background playing on the television.

Blair's body brushed against the leather sofa, the only thing left in the room besides the television and a few dog beds as she lowered herself to sit on the furniture.

Victoria had been at Blair's home for the past two hours, and the girls had just been reminiscing on life, and all of the beautiful memories that the home had brought them.

Why exactly the small Italian wanted to move was something she hadn't yet shared, but it had grown to be quite obvious.

Taking down the nursery she had put together for Moon was one of the most painful days yet, but they got through it, together.

Victoria believed her friend wanted to leave this home because it held too many negative memories, with people she hadn't gotten over or events she had yet to deal with.

Moving was a smart choice. She was moving both physically and mentally.

Blair kicked a small rope toy as she sat down, smiling down at it. "I remember this ratty thing." She laughed a little and picked it up between her thumb and pointer finger, letting its tangled edges dangle in the air.

"Harry and Myron used to always play with this one together. It was Myrons favorite." She smiled and placed it gently onto the couch next to her. Some things, you just can't let go of.

"How is Harry, by the way?" Victoria raised a brow. She was careful, because Blair hadn't brought him up in a while. She knew the pair were seeing each other white frequently because of the filming that had begun to take place, but she always wondered what the two actually did in the back of her mind.

And, of course, everyone saw the energy between them after they hosted the Late Late Show a few weeks prior. They had an undeniable chemistry, that's for sure.

"He's been good. Staying busy, you know." Blair pressed her lips into a false smile and stared at the ground, avoiding eye contact with your friend.

"Come on. Tell me how you really feel." Victoria pushed on, instantly making Blair crack into a grin.

She sat up straight and crossed her legs, breaking out of her slump as she cleared her throat. "He's just, wow, you know? He's so positive and encourages me to do what I actually wanna do, and he's always been there for me and you know .." She trailed off dreamily, her eyes narrowed.

"I hate it." Blair ended with a bitter tone as her eyes were narrowed on the flat screen ahead of her. Victoria snorted as she ran her fingers through her dog's fur who nudged his head into her side, the black haired girl watched as the blonde scrolled through her twitter feed, stopping and staring at an edit made by a fan of Harry and Blair.

"I mean, like, he's always texting me or asking me to hang out and —"

"If you don't like the dude, then ignore him." Victoria said in a 'duh' tone as Blair sent her a look. "Just saying. And I also fail to see how that's such a bad thing. He's always been so good to you."

"Exactly!" Blair exasperated and threw her head back into the air. "He's too perfect." She pressed her lips together into a thin line as she stared down at the rope toy, thinking to herself.

"What if I start loving him again?" She asked in a quiet and scared tone. Her eyes watered slightly as she looked at the boxes that sat outside of the room that was supposed to be Moon's.

"Think you already have." Victoria muttered with a telling stare. "That can't be a good thing. I mean, his fans would lose their shit and I don't have the energy for more drama in my life. After everything that has happened with him I think it's best for me to let it go." She sighed sadly, Victoria's eyes softened starring at her best friend.

"I should just tell him, you know, 'this is strictly a somewhat friendship and cast mate business partner relationship and nothing more'. Right?" She looked over to her friend just as Myron let out a low whine, giving her a look.

"Even he knows you're full of shit." Victoria laughed earning a pouty expression from Blair. "Look, maybe just see where it takes you. You've got a lot going on with Heartbreak Weather, and if you really wanna put out that other album this December.. I think you have two options." Blair nodded.

"Either you own up to your shit with Harry and accept what went wrong so you two can work through it together, or you cut him off after all of this filming is done. Because this isn't healthy and you can't keep putting yourself through this. Something's gotta give, B." Her friend explained honestly.

"I just feel like shit because after I filmed the show with him, I told him that I still care about him and fuck, do I regret it." Blair sighed to herself again.

"Well, I can't help you with that one babe." Victoria giggled to herself and patted her best friends shoulder.

"And I mean I do, like, everything I said was true. I just don't know if I'm ready to deal with all of that again. It's been almost a year and it's just going to be difficult. But he's really supportive with everything and I've talked about my music and wanting to release another album with him a lot." Blair continued on and stroked Myrons fur gently.

"What did he actually say, by the way, about your music?" Victoria asked and shrugged, resting her back against the cushions of the couch. "He thinks I should get back into it. The producers have been asking me to be on the soundtrack so I think I'm gonna take them up on that opportunity."

"Bitch, I've been saying—"

"I know." Blair cut her off. She sighed looking out of the large windows of her LA home, "Do you think they'll ask Harry to be on it, too? Nobody else can sing on that cast, I'm sorry." Victoria laughed as Blair nodded, "I don't know. I know they probably would because all of those fan accounts would love it. But if that's the case I might just not do it."

"If it's hate you're worried about, you know you get hate for anything and everything. I get hate for breathing, you of all people should know how it is. And I feel like the industry could use a new bitch because I'm lonely out here." She laughed as Blair giggled.

"But no. Deadass, I agree with the english muffin. You gotta put yourself out there and get out of your comfort zone. It's a once in a lifetime opportunity and it's only gonna catapult this whole music shit you've got going on. We've all got your back, B."

Blair looked away from her friend then over to her dogs who slept peacefully, and she thought to herself. They had a point, she loved music and performing. Perhaps she could take the show up on their offer and do a few songs with Harry, because what's the harm?

© GRANDEGALORE 2021
VOTE/COMMENT