018. WHEN LIFE DEALS US CARDS...

NARRATOR

BLAIR Klein opened the white front door of her house quietly as she carefully tiptoed into the living room of her shared home with Pete Davidson. A small smile quirked across her face as she passed the couch, noticing her boyfriend asleep peacefully on the leather couch.

She placed her bag onto the kitchen counter and began to look around their home, noticing the flowers and candles placed strategically around the room. On the dining table sat two plates of her favorite gnocchi, a recipe that her Nona had taught Pete and Blair one summer afternoon.

However, there was only one plate with the gnocchi on it. the other plate was so clearly eaten, the other food growing cold. Her heart sank as she quickly and quietly moved back to the couch, sitting next to Pete's knees as she rubbed his back gently in an attempt to wake him up.

"Baby?" she asked quietly as tears pricked at her eyes, begging to come out. Her boyfriend opened his eyes and immediately pressed a palm to his forehead as his eyes focused on the small blonde.

The tears started to stream out of her eyes slowly as Pete adjusted himself on the couch, bringing him to sit up. "Where the fuck were you?!" He finally roared angrily, slamming on the marble slab coffee table in front of them.

"I was at the audition and then Harry .. " Blair began to explain anxiously as tears poured from her doe eyes. "Harry?! Tell me why the fuck you were with Harry, Blair." He yelled louder, getting up from the couch and continuing to yell down at Blair.

Blair glanced over at her dogs Toulouse and Lafayette as they cowered in the corner, afraid of the altercation between the couple. "Why the fuck do you care if Harry was there? I can't t control what he auditions for, and I'm in love with you, Pete. " Blair cried as she looked up at the 6 foot man.

"Then why the hell are you home so late? I spent two hours making all of this shit for you, Blair." Pete scoffed, motioning towards the plates and roses behind him.

"Because he offered to take me home, Pete." She replied quietly, afraid of what Pete would say next.
He stared down at her, the words evaporating from his mouth and disappearing into thin air. He took a seat back on the couch and placed his head onto his hands, tears beginning to drip from his eyes.

"Fuck, Blair." He muttered.

Blair tried to lean into his chest for a hug, but Pete instead pushed the small girl off of him and crossed his arms. "You know, I was gonna do something so special tonight." He cried, reaching into his pocket.

He fished out a ring box and threw it onto the table, a giant silver diamond ring sliding across the marble as a wave of shock bolted through her body.

"But you clearly are still in love with someone else. I cant deal with that shit, Klein." Pete cried out, getting up from the couch and beginning to walk outside. Blair quickly got up and followed him as her heels clicked across the floor, anxiety and frustration seeping off of her like smoke.

She slammed the front door behind her as the pair walked onto the front porch. "I'm sorry, Pete. I'm so, so sorry." She cried as he wrapped her into a half assed hug.

It was in that moment that Pete realized his girlfriend had finally fallen out of love, or better yet confirmed what he had thought all along.

"You never got over him and Moon, did you?" Pete asked thoughtfully. "I cant replace people like that in two weeks, Pete. I think you knew that. I just never knew they'd be so damn hard to .. replace." She cried into his chest, fisting at the cotton fabric of his shirt.

Pete turned his attention to the long driveway as headlights came into view, followed by the body of a white range rover.

"Fuck off .." Pete muttered to himself, letting go of blair and walking down the porch as the white car pulled into the driveway. Blair watched in shock as the scene played out in front of her.

A head of curly hair could be noticed through the dark tinted windshield. Blair could see Pete's anger practically spewing out of him as he realized who the owner of the car was.

Harry Styles himself exited the white range rover and completely ignored Pete, walking up to Blair as his eyes focused on the sight of her crying.

"Is this what you want, Blair?!" Pete cried out as he followed Harry up the driveway and onto the porch quickly. Harry hopped up the steps of Blair's front porch and wrapped the small girl into a tight hug as she cried harder than ever, inhaling the scent of his cologne that she remembered all to well.

"Blair you need to make a fucking choice. I cant sit here and pretend like I don't wanna spend the rest of my life with you. I love you, Blair." Pete pleaded as Blair pulled away from Harry's embrace, and instead wrapped her arms around her waist in a self soothing hug. 

"Thats the most childish thing I've heard in my life, Pete." Harry interjected. "This is real life, not a fucking SNL skit." Harry scoffed sarcastically, turning his attention back in annoyance.

"No, he's right." blair added softly, wiping the tears off of her stained cheeks.

"I cant continue to pretend that I don't how I feel, because to be quite honest, I'm sure now." She inhaled deeply as she felt another wave of tears creep up her throat.

"Who's it gonna be, Blair?" Pete asked annoyingly, wiping his puffy eyes with the back of his hand. Harry's face fell in slow motion as he read Blair's lips, hearing a name he never wanted to hear.

"Pete .. "

© GRANDEGALORE 2021
VOTE/COMMENT