7

George made sure to take his time in the shower, he wanted to leave Dream alone in the room to suffer at least a little bit. When he finally stepped out, the bathroom was filled with steam.

George wrapped his towel loosely around his waist, making sure it hung low on his hips as he stepped closer to the mirror and used a hand to wipe away the fog. He ran both hands through his hair, making sure the brunette locks fell in a perfect mess against his forehead.

Once he was satisfied, he exited the bathroom and returned to the bedroom. Dream was still lying on his bed, propped up on his pillows with his eyes on his laptop. As George entered the room, his eyes quickly flickered over to meet the brunette's.

George could just barely see the pink flush on Dream's cheeks as his eyes scanned over the sight before him before diverting back to the laptop.

George didn't even attempt to hide his smug grin as he made his way over to his dresser, opening the top drawer and rifling through it slowly.

He heard Dream clear his throat behind him before saying, "didn't you bring clothes in there with you, George?"

George reached for a pair of boxers, holding them up as he turned to flash Dream a grin as he responded, "yeah, just forgot these."

Dream exhaled, his cheeks now a slightly more noticeable shade of pink as George turned to leave the room, grabbing his phone off his desk as he went.

Once in the bathroom, he changed quickly. He checked his phone and saw a new text from Niki, one of the new friends he had made at the party the previous weekend. He opened the message, his eyes scanning over it quickly to see that she was inviting him to a party the following night.

With his phone in hand, George reentered the bedroom, his eyes still scanning over the message as he asked Dream, "you wanna go to a party tomorrow night?"

When Dream didn't immediately respond, George lifted his eyes to look at the blonde, who was looking at George with a somewhat surprised expression.

"What?" George questioned, his tone somewhat annoyed.

Dream smiled at him before responding, shrugging as he said, "oh nothing. I'm just surprised that you're the one inviting me to a party, I figured it would always be the other way around."

George rolled his eyes, scoffing at the blonde as he said, "oh whatever, Dream. You're not the only one who gets invited to things."

Dream laughed quietly, his eyes still on George as he answered, "alright, I'll be your date, George."

"You're so annoying," George mumbled as he made his way over to his bed, pulling back the covers and sliding underneath. He reached for his laptop, pulling up Netflix and plugging his headphones in.

He heard Dream chuckle and say, "oh come on now, you love it."

George only rolled his eyes again, putting his headphones on as he answered, "sorry, can't hear you."

~

The next night as he was getting ready for the party, George faced the same predicament of what to wear. He instinctively reached for the black skirt, pulling it out and holding it up for just a minute. He knew he wasn't going to wear it, he just liked to imagine a scenario in which he was confident enough to do so.

Just as he was about to fold it back up and stow it in the back of the drawer, Dream entered the room, his eyes immediately settling on the piece of fabric in George's hands.

George quickly dropped the skirt, shoving it under the rest of his clothes as his face began to heat up. He heard Dream walk closer to him, his voice low as he said, "how come you haven't worn that yet, George?"

George felt his whole body burn in embarrassment as he muttered, "I don't know. Why does it matter?"

Dream was standing close behind him now, George could practically feel the warmth radiating off his body as he quietly responded, "I just think it would look good on you, that's all."

Before George could even think up a coherent answer, Dream was moving away from him and towards his own dresser. George could hear him sorting through his own clothes, changing into an outfit for tonight before sitting down at his desk as if nothing had just happened.

George shook off the embarrassment, changing into a sweater and jeans before pulling on his vans. He checked his outfit in the mirror, ruffling his hair until it fell in a way that George was satisfied with.

As he ran his hands through his hair one final time, Dream appeared in the mirror behind him.

"You look good, George. Now can we go?"

George held his gaze for just a second before saying, "fine, let's go."

~

As soon as they arrived at the party, George's stomach twisted into knots of nerves. There were even more people than last time, music thumping loudly from within.

George trailed along behind Dream, who led them into the house and directly towards the keg. He poured them both full cups of beer, handing one to George.

George drank it down quickly, trying to squash the nerves, while Dream watched him. He handed the empty cup back to Dream with a nervous smile, Dream only chuckling as he refilled it and passed it back.

Dream took a long sip from his own cup, his eyes scanning the room until his face lit up in recognition. He motioned to some friends across the room, leaning into George as he said, "I'm gonna go talk to some friends, you gonna be okay on your own?"

George nodded and answered, "yeah, I'm gonna find Niki."

Dream flashed him a parting smile as he said, "okay, have fun. I'll come find you later so we can hang out."

He winked at George, who rolled his eyes playfully in response. But as soon as he was gone, George could feel the smile forming on his face.