§•9•§

Secrets.

Everyone has a secret,

one that everyone keeps to themselves. Ones they dare not speak another word to anyone. It could simple secret meaning little to no harm, while others could impact or change a person's life. Most secrets come from a past, a past that everyone has. No matter how young or old you are, you have a past, a certain part of your past could be one you want to forget.

Whether it's about all the horrible things you've done or you were a part of something that you wish not to acknowledge. It could go as far back when you were a child or even more recently as a week ago. It wouldn't matter because the past and secrets are more aligned than what most think.

What's that famous saying...?

"The past will come back haunting you."

It comes back tenfold if you refuse to face your past and learn to accept the mistakes you made or make amends with the demons you've created along the way. Welcoming the past and learning from it can make you see things in a different light, change the way you saw the world around you. But you know what keeps you from accepting the past? To make amends with the demons? To finally rid of the baggage of past traumas you've carried with you through life?

Secrets.

In some cases, you don't realize you have any secrets, mainly because you tried so hard to keep the secret from coming out that you convinced yourself you have no secrets. You've done it for so long you can't tell when you're keeping a secret from yourself.

But know this,

You can't hide who you are, you can't hide from the truth. Very much like the sun and the moon, truth is something you can't hide. The truth will rear its ugly head one way or another; the truth will hunt you down.

§•§•§

"Isaac!" Allison Argent yells while she and her father both try to open the door. Only minutes prior did the two Argent hear Isaac yell and the door slamming shut. Allison's heart was racing as her breathing was getting labored. She cried desperately for Isaac to open the door or for her father to break open the door. This feeling that was creeping inside her was all too familiar.

She thought back to Sweet Pea, and the last moments she had with him. The moment when she felt him shove her, back then she brushed it off as his urgency to leave but now she knew the real reason.

She along with her friends all crowd together to leave the back of the vet clinic. She --like the rest-- was bent low to avoid the crackling of electricity and the items of the clinic all fly across the room. She then felt someone roughly shove her forward, making her fall to her knees. She grunts ignoring the stinging pain when her knees smacked against the tiled floor. She already knew who shoved her, as she felt the roughness of the hand and the coldness of the rings that person was wearing. The only people she knew who wore rings were Lydia and Sweet Pea. But Lydia hardly wears a ring unless it was a must-have accessory. Leaving only Sweet Pea to be the one to shove her. She thought nothing of it until it was too late.

"Isaac!" Allison called out again fearing the worst. She feared she will lose Isaac just like she lost Sweet Pea. To make matters worse, Isaac was stuck in her room, meaning that whatever was happening was probably meant for her. Now Isaac was paying whatever price it was, just like Sweet Pea. She couldn't let that happen, not again.

Finally, the door gave and the two Argents rush inside. One immediately rushed to what seems to be a paralyzed Isaac while the other checked the room. "He's freezing, like ice. What's happening to him?" Allison asked her dad as he checked the boy. Isaac seemed to be in a panicked state that rendered him paralyzed or at least made him think he was. Unfortunately, that meant whatever state he was in, he couldn't heal. They had to trigger his healing process, so Chris did the only thing he could think of. He slapped Isaac repeatedly.