Chapter 8

Antonio's POV

I woke up at the sound of screaming. I quickly jumped and hurried to the source of the sound.

When I reached it was Annabelle's room. She was curled up in a ball and sobbing hard.

I didn't know what to do. So I went to hug her 'cause that's the only logical thing to do. When I wrapped my arm around her back, I felt warmth, not a fever warmth but the kind that you feel safe in it. I think she felt it too because she started to calm down.

Anna's POV

Antonio asked me what I dreamed about. I was hesitant at first but then I told him my story. while I was telling him I remembered something. THE LETTERS.

I quickly rushed to the bag leaving Antonio confused about my sudden outburst. I got the letters and handed them to him.

Antonio's POV

Annabelle ran quickly to her bag I was confused at first but then she handed me a letter with my name on it. I looked on the other side to see who it's from. It's written by Mary Smith. That name sounded so familiar but I can't put my hand on it so I decided to read it to see if I'll remember it

Dear Antonio,
    I know you probably don't remember me, but I remember you so clearly.

One day I was so depressed because my family died in a car accident and I had no one left. So I went to the bar to forget everything. There I met you, we talked and you told me about how your company went bankrupt and I told you that it always gets worse before it gets better. You didn't understand it but I guess now you realized what it means. Anyways, I didn't remember what happened after but I remember the next day we were at your house. I freaked out and ran. But after many weeks, I began feeling sick and I missed my period so I took a pregnancy test and it came positive.

I know you probably don't believe us but it's the truth. You could do a DNA test if you want but I guarantee 100% that she is your daughter. She had a rough childhood of being abused and bullied. But I won't get into many details 'cause it's not my place to tell you.

Marry Smith,

I don't know why but I somehow believed her. So I'll make the DNA test.

The next day (still Antonio's POV)

I didn't sleep all night, instead, I stayed all night doing some research about how many days and how to do it. It turned out that the results would take a week to be finished so I decided to take a piece of her hair from her hairbrush to test it out.

I quickly got into her room with gloves and an empty bag just in case. So I pulled the hair and rushed outside. I called my best Jack and told him. He was beyong proud of which made me feel like I was doing something right. He then came home to sit with Annabelle I knew he would do it because I had a feeling that he liked her.

I hurried to the lab and gave them her hair, a sample of my blood, and gave them my phone number. I told them to call me as soon as the test was done, no need to wait for the paper.

I returned home at 8 pm and when I entered I saw Jack and Anna watching a scary movie half asleep I quickly took out my phone and snatched a picture of them. omg, they look so cute!

The next couple of days went by so smoothly and today is the day to know the result. To be honest I'm hoping she is my real daughter, i can feel it inside my lungs but I can't be 100% sure about it.

Right now I'm waiting for someone to call me. I moved back and forth nervously while Jack tried to calm me down.

'Ring Ring' my phone rang. I quickly answered, " Hey this is the lab test, I assume you want to know if she is your daughter right?" She asked.

"Yes please," I answered scared of what the result is.

"I'm sorry to tell you that she isn't ur daughter," and with that, she hung up.

I was confused and angry, I didn't notice what I did after that.

I went to Anna if that's her real name, and told her to get out of my house. I can't believe that she acted that she was MY DAUGHTER but the problem is that I believed her and her dead mom that is if she's even dead!!

I was furious, to say the least. She walked past me looking scared and she was crying hard but I didn't care. She LIED to me!!

A/N hey guys!! Long time no see. Anyway, do you think Antonio was overreacting? Let me know!