7: Bat shit crazy

Porcelain Dolls. 

Chapter 7: 

"All truths are easy to understand once they are discovered; the point is to discover them."

- Galileo Galilei. 

            Saskia's senses were all over the place; she could barely see from the tears that were clouding her vision, barely hear anything bar her heart pounding - sometimes missing a beat - in her ears, and she was stumbling everywhere, the drink still holding an effect on her, but she wasn't going to give up. She'd seen him, she knew she had and he looked the exact same as the last time she'd seen him, as if he hadn't aged. But maybe that was because he was dead. Dead. A thick lump formed in her throat, and before Saskia knew it, she'd tripped on a root and fell hitting her head on a large tree stump. She led still for a few moments, trying to catch her breath before she opened her eyes and sat up. It was light out, and she was sure she hadn't passed out. As she looked up, the figure – once cloaked in the shadow of the night – was as clear as day in front of her. He turned – his body slightly angled away from her – staring at her as if she were a figment of his imagination, not sure as to why she was there.

 He was wearing a white vest, something that she remembered he'd started to wear ever since he became friends with Derek, and he had blood down one side of his face. One of his brown eyes squinted a little, the same shade as her father's, and he finally turned his whole body to her.

"What the hell are you doing here?" He asked in a sharp whisper, moving towards her quickly, before Saskia could even talk, he'd yanked her up, puling her shorter body close to him protectively.

"You can't be out here, you're supposed to be at school, Sas. You're too young to be out here on your own."

 It took Saskia a few seconds, but she realised that even though he hadn't aged from the last time she'd seen him, she had. She was now 16, but he didn't even seem phased, as if he still saw her as a child.

"I... Seb?" She knew nothing she wanted to say, needed to say, would come out right, and she just wanted to hear his voice.

He started walking, pulling her further into the woods, not noticing her tripping before he stopped in front of a big, beautiful house and she could hear someone, something as she stood, mouth agape, clutching to her brother's arm as if he might disappear at any second. It felt dangerous, this beautiful house surrounded by brilliant green scenery just felt off. He turned to her, his voice becoming a little unclear, as if Saskia were underwater.

"Do you remember now?"

"Re- What? Sebastian, you're hurting me." She whimpered, feeling the pressure on her wrist increasing. 

"Remember, Saskia. REMEMBER. Why were you here? You saw it - you saw it all. The flames, the screams, you need to remember it." 

Saskia was by now sobbing; she didn't remember, and she couldn't understand. Everything felt like it was getting further and further away, the house shrinking into the background, now half burned, people screaming and smoke filling her lungs. It was dark, a full moon – again, just like the one she'd seen at Lydia's party. She struggled, wiping at her eyes but her vision never cleared. All she could hear was Sebastian screaming at her, "Remember! You need to remember!"

            With a jolt, she opened her eyes, no longer seeing a house, or a smoke filled sky, not even her brother. The sounds of screaming still resonated in her ears, causing her to let out her own piercing scream. Her ears were vibrating once she'd finished, and she was left with nothing but silence and her own breath. She stood; hands digging into the tree stump, and felt her footing wobble. She had to get out of there. She had to get somewhere safe, she was so scared that maybe Matt had spiked her drink, and then led her into the forest and her only saviour was that stupid large stump, but she wasn't taking any chances.