26: Playground Fights

Porcelain Dolls.

Chapter 26:

"Family is supposed to be our safe haven. Very often, it's the place where we find the deepest heartache."

- Iyanla Vanzant.

/

Saskia felt drowsy, her head pounded and her arm felt bruised and tight. Pulling herself to her feet, the events from the night flashed through her mind and she felt herself grabbing onto her bed just to stabilize herself. When she managed to reach the door, she twisted the handle a few times, only for the door to refuse to budge. Bending over slightly she looked through the keyhole – nobody was holding the door, which meant one thing: She'd been locked in.

Pressing her warm forehead to the cool door, she finally pushed herself off and made her way to the window. She pulled it up and slid herself over making a mental note that her phone had disappeared from her back pocket, she took a quick look at Stiles' dark bedroom before clambering less than gracefully down the side of the house.

She wanted to go straight to Jasper's house – she assumed that was where Eric had her father, but Alex had advised her to contact Derek and without her phone the only way she could do that was by tracking him down. She knew he'd moved into the trams but he had mentioned that her kept an eye out on the Hale house and surrounding areas in case her caught scent of his 'missing' beta's. So without any real direction bar the preserve and with the adrenaline pumping through her body she managed to get to the Hale house within twenty minutes. She knew if she kept going East she'd eventually get into the next town – the place she should've been heading.

She bounded up the stairs as fast as her shaking legs could carry her, calling out Derek's name. She felt the hair on the back of her neck rise, and the familiar feeling of being watched crept through her veins. Ignoring it as best she could – she'd learn sooner or later that she should stop ignoring her subconscious gut feelings – she pushed the creaky door open in hopes the inside might be safer than the outside. She hadn't even thought as far as to what she'd do it Erica and Boyd had been hiding out here – she'd barely known the two and would have minimal self-defense, yet still she pushed on knowing if she didn't find Derek soon she'd have to leave without him.

Admitting defeat, Saskia made her way back outside after her failed attempts at calling for the broody Hale, but as she walked down the drive a hand darted out and pulled her behind a tree. She struggled for a while, the notes she'd taken from Derek seemed to vanish from her mind and it wasn't until she saw his face in the moonlight that she calmed down enough to shrug him off.

"What the hell are you doing here? Do you know how stu-"

"I need your help – it's my dad." Saskia cut in, the man's brows rising.

"Look – I have my own problems right now, ok? Did you see the sign on the door? You need to get out of here."

Saskia tried to interrupt again, but he was having none of it. His eyes shone red before he growled out for the girl to go. Although she was visibly shaken, Saskia tried to hold her head high as she stormed past him, hoping she was heading East. If Derek wouldn't help her – and she had no idea where Scott and Stiles were – she'd save her father on her own.

/

\

/

\

Stiles and Scott pulled up in the jeep, Stiles eyes had automatically darted toward the girl's house as he pulled himself from his car, but it wasn't until his eyes started trailing down the path that he noticed a tiny splatter on the stone and his mind went into detective mode. Scott also seemed to halt, his nostrils flaring as he took a deep breath, but Stiles had already made his way to the splatter.