20: No sex in the kitchen.

Porcelain Dolls.

Chapter 20.

"Tell the truth, or someone will tell it for you."

- Stephanie Klein.

Scott and Stiles gave the sheriff a two minute head start before they both ran for the jeep.

"This isn't a coincidence, right?" Stiles tapped his fingers repeatedly on the steering wheel whilst Scott stared out of the windshield trying to see past the rain that the window wipers couldn't reach fast enough.

"I don't know Stiles. A suicide? It seems a little different."

"Different? Scott we've barely dealt with these guys, for all we know they could've been chasing him and he thought this was his only choice."

"We won't know until we get there, and we can't do anything until the police have gone. Did we really need to leave this early?"

"It was an impulse okay? Leave me alone..."

"This is starting to feel like the beginning of sophomore year, can't we just come back later?"

"No, okay. If we leave it any later they'll move the body and the rain could wash away any scents..."

"Still enjoying this?" Stiles didn't respond, only rolling his eyes before returning them to the road. Once they'd arrived, they pulled over and waited a few hours until half of the force had left, only Stiles' father and the forensics hanging around.

They exited the vehicle and quietly made their way closer to the scene. The rain had lessened, now only a mild annoyance but the two pulled up their hoods anyway.

"Can you smell anything? Any lingering emotions? Any-"

"Stiles – shut up, I'm trying to concentrate."

The two boys moved closer and whilst Stiles was trying to listen to his father's conversation, Scott continued around the area, his senses heightened.

"I'd say it's a run-of-the-mill suicide. No obvious visible markings, no external signs of a struggle – I can tell you more once I've done an official autopsy, but the fall looks like what killed him."

Whilst Stiles hid, trying his best to hear everything, Scott was given the chance to edge himself toward the body. He hadn't been this close to a dead body in a long time, possibly since he stumbled upon the remains of Laura Hale and in all honesty, he'd happily go the rest of his life never seeing one again if he could but he had accepted this way now his way of life – even if that included sniffing dead strangers. Scott took in everything he could before making his way back to his friend.

"So, anything?"

"Couldn't smell any other werewolves, but the guy was terrified – I suppose that's a given though."

Stiles furrowed his brow, he was certain this was connected but without Scott being able to connect a single lead he was officially at a dead end and the two made their way back to the jeep feeling defeated.

/

-

/

Stiles pulled up to Scott's house and cut the ignition, making Scott aware that he wasn't quite done with the conversation and prompting Scott to stare pointedly at the boy until he was ready, which with Stiles was never long.